15-Video Games

○●○●Setting-Zephyrs house○●○●

Zephyr's words about being villains kinda bothered Alex, even though he knows why that is. He had committed a lot of atrocities as a super-weapon against the city he was born in but there was also something else. Something Alex couldn't remember. Oddly enough Zephyr's words felt so familiar. He was on the couch with his hand intertwined together with Zephyr's. He looked down at his legs, wearing normal dark pants, along with a blue shirt and a gray jacket over himself. He was also wearing a pair of Zephyr's old shoes. He felt so...normal.

Zephyr was asleep with his head on Alex's shoulder and holding Alex's hand. He was so exhausted from working on Alex's new legs that he forgot about sleep and didn't realize how tired he was until he sat down for an hour. His breathing was even and steady, almost making it look like he was lifeless.

Alex tiredly looked over at Zephyr's peaceful sleeping expression and smiled. He really doesn't seem to get many nightmares when Zephyr is with Alex.

Behind the horns, the red eyes and the scar...is a smol-bean looking for love.

He chuckled a little at that thought. His thoughts then drifted elsewhere as he thought about the footage on his own helmet. He didn't even realize that Paia or the Purifiers could do that. What else did they hide from him that he didn't know about?

As Alex contemplated, Zephyr dreamed about his own time as I.F.V.S. committing his own sins at the city. He walked down the streets as he glanced at the nearby window, looking at the suit of I.F.V.S. He then heard a faint whisper. That sounded like himself, but mechanical.

"So...you have found me...."
He was suddenly at the forest once again, except it was in ashes, as if it was post the battle in his nightmares. Zephyr no longer wore the suit, but it was sitting on a burned log, looking at it's sword as it sharpened it. It was currently headless, but it looked at the place where Zephyr had found it's head, grabbed it from the grass and put it back on.

As Zephyr dreamed his breathing started to get slightly unsteady.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"
Zephyr asked the suit as it sat there.

Alex turned his head at the sleeping Zephyr in a confused frown, he didn't yet realize Zephyr was having a nightmare.

I.F.V.S. stared up at Zephyr from across the woods as it stood up from the log.

"I am everything you reject about yourself. Everything that you want to move behind you. What do I want? You already know the answer, Zephyr. I am you...a warning of things to come."
It says in an echo.

I.F.V.S. then took off his helmet but this time, It had his face from behind the helmet. Red eyes stared back at Zephyr's except...they looked different. They didn't have the same softness or warmth and when I.F.V.S. spoke again, he sounded more demonic than his half-demon counterpart.

"Let me show you something..."
He then bursts into flames as the armor melted away, blackening Zephyr's vision until he was suddenly back in his apartment. Except...it was on fire.

"Ah! What? My apartment?? Alex? Alex?!"
He looked around frantically, unable to control the fire. Outside his dream a small bit of warmth could be felt but not enough to hurt. His breathing sped up slightly.

Zephyr had Alex's full attention now as he now realized what was going on with him. Squeezing his hand more as he goes to hug him.

"Zephyr...it's not real, wake up."
Alex says more gently as he tries to not panic as Zephyr wasn't using hardening or his fire, yet. Unfortunately Alex wasn't able to wake him as he was still in a deep sleep.