⨉59⨉

Donghyuck teleported both of them nearby the castle. When Renjun saw the tall and giant structure filled with white, he was suddenly struck by memories. How he first went there while sneaking in with Jaemin after finding his true identity, or that time when Jieun first met him. She was around twelve and she was so shocked that she was about to tell her mom about him right away. Jaemin panicked and locked her in his closet for a whole day. That castle was half of his life, even if he had to pretend. Everything changed when the king made him kill Jaemin, the vampire whom he fell in love with when he was fifteen. He couldn't do it, as much as he needed to, he couldn't do it. 

"Are you okay?" Donghyuck's voice rang in his ears which made the vampire snap out of his thoughts. Was he so serious that he made his friend think he wasn't okay? 

"Yeah." Renjun nodded without looking at him. He didn't need to, because he already knew the vampire was concerned. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair while his eyes kept themselves glued on the castle. "Can we teleport inside?" He asked Donghyuck who just hummed in response. 

"We need to hope we don't bump into guards though." 

"There are no guards inside." Renjun told him and for the first time in minutes, he glanced at him. "They keep guards in front of the throne room which is at the second floor and at each big entrance of the castle. The maids are allowed on the upper floors in the day time and on the other floors in the night time when they can clean." He explained to him. "I lived here so don't give me such look." 

Donghyuck scoffed and rolled his eyes like a child. 

"Was she nice to you?" Renjun already knew who he meant. The queen. 

"She was. She treated me like family until that night when I tried to kill Jaemin." The blond haired vampire clenched his fists. He didn't want to know what the prince told her the next morning and he never wanted to find out. "I ran away after that and came back to our dynasty. Jeno's dad sent me to the school, because Jaemin was sent there as well and we met for the second time. I don't think he told her anything back then, but because of Sungchan, now she knows who I really am so she probably hates me with a passion now." 

Donghyuck said nothing in response and Renjun had to say he was glad he remained silent. Silence was a better option than suddenly asking more questions and the vampire was glad he didn't have to give more explanations than needed. 

"Where do you think the king is?" His best friend asked while his golden eyes scanned the building that was far away from them. 

"Most probably somewhere safe." Renjun replied. Truthfully, he had no idea where that man could be. She could have sent him somewhere else in case of an attack, so if the king wasn't there, then the plan was as good as nothing. "For now, let's just hope he is there." 

"Wise words." Donghyuck mumbled. "Do you remember where Jaemin's room is? I can get us there because I feel like that's the safest place in that whole damn castle." 

Renjun scanned the castle for a few moments. He remembered Jaemin's room being in the east tower, right at the last floor and he doubted that he changed it over the years. He looked at the castle more, because he didn't really remember which was the east tower. 

"So his room is in the east tower." He decided to speak again, hoping that Donghyuck would at least be able to make the difference between the four towers the castle had. "It's one of those four." 

"Really? I wouldn't have noticed if you wouldn't have told me." When their eyes locked, Renjun was able to see his friend's smirk. "But, we came from north, so that means the east tower is the one from our left." As he said that, he pointed at the white tower. "Hold my hand." Renjun did as he was told and in a matter of second the words disappeared then came back, but this time, they were no longer on that field but in Jaemin's room.