⨉53⨉

Renjun was laying down on the sofa from the living room. Candles were everywhere around the room and the curtains were hiding the windows, making the place really dark and creepy. It kind of made the vampire remember his old home, because it was always dark there as well. There were no pictures or too many decorations, only a fireplace that wasn't working and a bunch of shelves with poisons and books. The front door that was suddenly opened caught his attention which made Renjun sit up and cross his legs. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked Donghyuck when the vampire dropped a bag on the floor and sighed loudly. His eyes landed on Renjun right after. 

"Jeno was quick to realize I helped you so I left." He quickly looked away and from the way the younger had that guilty look plastered on his face, Renjun realized he felt bad. "But it's fine. I lied to him a bit so I hope he didn't realize that as well." 

"What do you mean?" The blonde haired vampire blinked few times. He didn't really want to do what he just did, but that voice from his brain told him he had no choice. He had to be the one that killed the queen if he wanted to be happy forever. The fact that he stabbed Jaemin, after having that soft and wholesome moment with him, made his heart ache. 

"I told him I didn't knew what you were about to do." Donghyuck sat down on an armchair that was close to the sofa and looked at him. "I told him I thought you wanted the poison for the queen not for Jaemin." 

Renjun only managed to nod. He bit his lower lip with stress and suddenly felt the urge to cry. He really poisoned Jaemin, the vampire he loved and he also broke Jeno's trust. 

"Does he want me dead?" He decided to ask without looking at the blonde haired. 

"Jeno? He said he already knew you may betray him so he wasn't too shocked. It was me who broke his trust and made him disappointed." Donghyuck ruffled his hair with frustration and sighed again before leaning in the armchair and staring at the ceiling that was illuminated by the candles. He regretted helping him, Renjun already knew it.   

"Why did you help me?" He asked anyway, because the bad was done and there was no way back no. "I never asked you for help from what I remember, so why did you do it?" 

It took the younger few moments to reply, but when he did he didn't look at Renjun at all. His golden eyes were fixed on the ceiling. "I don't know either." His response brought a wave of confusion to the blonde haired vampire. What did he mean by he didn't know why? He must have had a reason of helping him with such thing. "You know, it's kinda funny. I don't have any reason in helping you, but you're still my friend and I can't just watch how you destroy not just yourself but everybody you know." His eyes finally met Renjun's when he looked at him. "It's like you curse us or something." 

His words made the vampire think for a while. He had a point. Maybe he was cursed from the day he killed his parents and started working for the king. Maybe the fact that he was turned into a Death Angel with such ease had a price as well. 

"Maybe I'm the one who's cursed not you guys." Renjun mumbled and chuckled bitterly. "Maybe I'm finally paying for becoming a powerful vampire." 

"I thought you weren't satisfied." 

"I am not." Renjun admitted and hugged his knees to his chest. "I am not at all." He stole a quick glance at his friend, who was still staring at him. "You know that until I kill her, my job here won't ever finish." 

"You are crazy." Donghyuck suddenly pushed himself up and approached him. He stretched out his hand and a smile formed his lips. "But as a good friend I have always been, you need to be cheered up." 

Renjun looked from his hand to his face. Was he serious? 

"Come on." Donghyuck pouted and without waiting for the vampire to reply, he grabbed Renjun's hands and pulled him up. "We need to do something so we won't get bored here." He wrapped his arm around his shoulders and smirked. That smirk told Renjun everything he had to know. That vampire had a plan.