⨉5⨉

When Jeno was finally done unpacking, he realized it was almost dinner time. He glanced outside and saw the sky being already dark blue. The brunette decided to open the window again, to let some fresh air enter the quiet room. Jaemin was still out somewhere, with his friends, which kind of made Jeno feel like his new roommate wasn't keen on being actually friendly with him. Or maybe he was just not used with the dorm life and he was only exaggerating. 

Sighing loudly, Jeno scanned his stuff that were now placed neatly inside the shared closet with Jaemin. His books and comic books were also placed on the shelves above his bed and it gave the room more color. It was just then when he realized that Jaemin didn't really have books placed on the two shelves from his side of room. There were only four books on one of them, all looking pretty old. For some reason, the brunette felt tempted to take one and look through it, but he was suddenly hit by a wave of guilt. He shouldn't do something like that, because he would violate his roommate's privacy like this and also, what if Jaemin didn't like it when people looked through his stuff? 

Looking away from the shelf, Jeno approached the window and leaned by its sill. The cool air brushed against his face softly before he decided to look around. The room had the sight from the back of the dorm, which meant that Jeno was not going to see any people there so often. He could see the tall fence climbing its way upwards, the sharp ends touching some branches of the trees on the other side from the edge of the forest. He could see some of them were already bloomed, letting the colorful flowers see the world. Some stars already made their way up on the sky that was getting darker by each minute that passed and when Jeno realized it was already 7, he pushed himself away from the window and closed it. 

He was still wearing the clothes from that morning so he didn't get changed at all. Taking the spare key that was hung by a small nail, Jeno opened the door and stepped out of the room, not forgetting to lock it. He started making his way back to the elevators, while passing by students. Some were alone, while others were in groups of four, but he could see no trace of Jaemin. Where was that guy? He left in such a rush that it confused the brunette a bit. 

When he reached one of the elevators, Jeno pressed the button and waited for a few minutes until it reached the floor. When the doors opened, he stepped in and was really thankful that no one followed him behind. He still felt weird, because he wasn't used to this, but he was sure he would get used pretty quick. After all, this year would make him more independent. 

The elevator finally reached the ground floor and when he stepped out, Jeno had to look around a bit. He forgot for a few moments where the cafeteria was, but when he realized that all students were heading in the same direction, he decided to follow quietly. The cafeteria was really big and it also had an upper floor. Some teenagers were already eating at some tables, not paying attention to the others. 

After Jeno took his dinner, he sat down at a table. It felt as if he was at his old school, but this time, he wasn't eating only lunch there. Not looking around, the brunette started eating his dinner and surprisingly, it was pretty good.   

"Can we sit here?" A voice made him look up and when he spotted the owner, he nodded. Right across from him, a raven haired guy sat down along with a blonde haired one. "I'm Chenle. You're the new guy who transferred right?" 

"Yeah. I'm Jeno." The brunette shook his hand and showed a smile. 

"This is Mark." The raven haired male named Chenle pointed at his blonde friend who waved his hand. "Did they tell you in which class are you in?" 

"Not yet. My roommate told me they should tell me this evening." Jeno explained and drank some of the raspberry tea he took earlier. 

"Yeah. It's always like this. They like to keep the new students in suspense." Mark told him and glanced somewhere behind Jeno which made the brunette look behind as well. He frowned when he spotted the tall and slim figure of his roommate sitting at a table with a really tall guy. He didn't notice Jeno at all and he seemed to be having a deep conversation with the tall guy until two others sat down across from them. He recognized Renjun in an instant, but the blonde guy next to him was a stranger. "Those are our classmates." Mark explained which made Jeno look back at him. 

"You seem to know one of them." Chenle spoke before taking a bite from an apple. 

"Two actually." Jeno said. "I know Renjun since he gave me the tour when I arrived and Jaemin is my roommate." 

"Well good luck with him." Mark mumbled as he glanced at the table where Jaemin was listening to something the blonde guy was saying. He seemed really into the topic, because his brows were furrowed. "He's a pretty unapproachable guy in my opinion, exactly like his friends. They are always like that, so cold with everyone." 

Jeno didn't know what to say as a reply. He remembered his small talk with Jaemin right before he left and he seemed approachable in his opinion. Yes he was cold indeed, but they were strangers after all, he could expect them to be close from the start. 

In about half an hour, all three of them finished their dinner and surprisingly, both Chenle and Mark had their rooms on the same floor as he did. When Jeno reached his room, he said goodbye to the two and unlocked the door. As expected, Jaemin wasn't there yet, despite leaving earlier than him. Sighing loudly, Jeno decided to go take a quick shower and get changed in some comfortable clothes. 

The brunette quickly showered and dried his hair and after he was dressed in his two sized bigger hoodie and shorts, Jeno jumped on his new bed and took one of his books to read. He leaned comfortably on the mattress and started reading, the only sound that could be heard in the room being the wind that was hitting the window from outside. 

Minutes passed and Jaemin was still not back, but just when he was thinking of that, the door opened, revealing the raven haired pale guy. Jaemin stepped inside and locked the door behind. 

"What are you reading?" The tall guy asked while he ruffled his hair a bit and unbuttoned his shirt. Jeno watched him as he approached the closet and took a random pink t-shirt and threw it over himself. 

"Just a book." 

"I could have never guessed it was a book." Jaemin chuckled and sat down on his own bed. "Here." He then handed Jeno a white envelope. "Mister Jung told me to give this to you." 

"What is it?" Jeno pushed himself up and took the envelope from Jaemin's hand. He opened it and sighed in realization. "It's my schedule." 

"And?" Jaemin rested his back by the wall behind. He already knew what the envelope said, but he hid the smirk that was slowly forming his lips quickly, before Jeno could notice him. 

"We're classmates so I suppose we have the same schedule." The brunette replied before puting the envelope on the night table. "I didn't know you were friends with Renjun. You two seemed a bit hostile towards each other earlier, when he brought me here." 

His statement made the young vampire flinch. Hiding his sudden loss for words, Jaemin smiled before looking at him again. "I can't say we are so close, but what you saw earlier was kind of a joke to us. We like to be mean towards each other if it makes sense." 

"I see." Jeno mumbled and hugged his knees to his chest. He was now resting his back on the wall behind, exactly like Jaemin did. Jeno didn't want to look like a creep for staring, but his roommate looked paler than when they met which made him frown. "Are you okay? You're really pale." 

His question made Jaemin snap out of his thoughts and when he did, he looked back at the brunette. In that spilt of a second, Jeno was sure he saw his eyes being silver, but when he blinked twice, Jaemin's eyes were dark like before. The young man was sure it was because of the light, but it still felt weird. 

"I'm gonna go take a shower." The raven haired male suddenly stood up and after taking some clothes, he stormed inside the bathroom. 

Was he really okay? Jeno didn't know, but his roommate was for sure paler than before which was not a good sign in his opinion.