16.

One Week Later...

"Journ Bug your hair is so thick." Chyna laughed as she styled Journey's hair.

Asaiah sat at the table with Khalil and Hakeem while Chyna talked with Journey.

"Y'all get an attorney?" Khalil asked as he rolled up a blunt.

"Nigga are you stupid?" Asaiah asked.

Khalil scrunched up his face. "Don't light that shit in here a kid here." Asaiah spat.

Khalil nodded and put the blunt away.

"We got an attorney and we're gonna make sure Journey don't go with Jaylin abusive ass every again."

Asaiah brought up the conversation he had with Journey with his mom and the two agreed on hiring an attorney. There are no second chances when it comes to abuse.

"She blew her chance, she ain't a fucking parent."

Khalil and Hakeem nodded.

They didn't play when it came to abuse either.

"Where we gonna eat at?" Hakeem asked as he typed away on his phone.

"I'm thinking Roscoe's I'm craving greens and potato salad." Khalil responded.

"I'll have Tiana meet us there." Asaiah shrugged.

"Tiana that broad from highschool?" Khalil asked.

"Yea. Why?" He asked bluntly.

"What about Justice?" Hakeem asked still typing away on his phone.

Asaiah shrugged. "She ain't my girl, we're just friends and what the fuck are you typing an essay?"

"The way y'all be cuddled up at Kari spot say other wise." Chyna laughed.

Asaiah rolled his eyes. The truth was Justice wasn't his girl and he wasn't gonna wait around for her either. He could do what he wanted nobody claimed him.

"I'm making plans for Asia and I, y'all know her birthday coming up."

Asia's birthday was in 2 weeks and Hakeem wanted to make it really special. Him and Asia goofed around a lot and he enjoyed her company but he could feel his self starting to gain feelings for her. He wanted to tell her in a romantic and special way.

"Hakeem that's so sweet." Chyna cooed.

Chyna loved seeing her friends happy she hated drama and unnecessary mess. She loved when everyone got along with one another.

Asaiah got up from his chair and stretched.

"I'll be in the car, come out when y'all done."

_

Asaiah stared at Justice's caller ID, it had been about a week and few days since he last heard from her.

A part of him wanted to check on her but the other part no so much.

He was debating texting Justice until Hakeem started banging on the passenger side window.

Asaiah rolled down his window.

"Nigga you are not riding with me." Asaiah laughed.

"Chyna got the aux it's only so much Doja Cat, Cardi B, Lauryn Hill, and Jasmine Sullivan a man can take." Hakeem complained.