part two "The wardrobe"

***so chapter two!! What ya think so far, don't forget I need help picking the characters any suggestion greatly received***

Dedicated to Chennelle who need cheering up, hope this made you smile ; )  

******Edited 18/08/2017***********

"Breakfast is ready" Luke calls out to Claire, while placing two plates on the table. Bacon, eggs, sausage, Beans. He turns round to the counter just as the toast pops up, he butters the toast and puts it on two smaller side plates and takes them over to the table. His mind still not fully focused on the job in hand. Did I make the right decision? I know Claire said yes but am just not sure, it not to late we haven't unpacked everything and am sure they wont have found someone for that flat. Am sure they wont mind if I call them. Am sure we could be back home at the weekend. Luke stood there staring at the steam from the boiled kettle. He hadn't noticed Claire had walked into the kitchen and was leaning against the kitchen door.

 "You know that they say. A watch kettle never boils" Claire said with a smile, pushing herself off from where she was standing and she made her way over to Luke. She place her hands gentle on his hips. "And before you say anything. YES we made the right decision and NO we are not moving back!" with that she planted a kiss on his lips and sat down at the table "oh and I'll have a coffee" a little cheeky smile made it on to her face. Luke turned back to face the counter and reached over for the cups. Whoa that was odd. Was I thinking out aloud ? Or am I that obvious what I am thinking. I 'll have to watch that.   

Luke made Claire her coffee and made himself a tea. Tea is the only drink you can have with a full English breakfast, ok it wasn't a full English, but it was close enough. "So whats the local shop like?" Claire asked, Luke coughed and wiped he mouth with a serviette, "well erm" how should he handle this one? Hell even he didn't know how to handle it, should he tell Claire how strange the shop assistant acted when he told her where they had just moved to, or lie and say nothing, lying he hated lying, but could Claire handle it and if he did lie and she found out, how would she reacted. Damn I know moving is supposed to be stressful but not freaky stressful.

Claire look at him with a puzzled look and her face as he paused to answer, "it well... it was expensive" Luke finally said curving he lips into a sideways smile, oh no I have just lied to Claire that doesn't feel right, oh wait technically I haven't lied she asked how the shop with not the shop assistant, yeah so I didn't lie. Luke took a drink of his tea feel slightly better, but a tinge of guilt, "and how was the staff? Are they friendly" Luke choke on his tea, coughing and spluttering into his serviette, "oh Luke are you ok?" "wron...cough....wrong...cough...hole..cough cough"Luke stood up and leaned against the counter trying to catch his breath, he reached for a glass and poured himself a glass of water. He sipped it down and took a few more deep breaths, "sorry about that" Luke said turning to see Claire with a look of half concern and half laughing, when his eyes met her, they both burst into laugher, "come on sit down you wally your breakfast is getting cold" Luke smiled and sat back down it was lovely to see Claire smiling and laughing it had only been two days since he had last seen it, but it felt like forever.

"Claire I took a call while I was out, from Tom" Luke placed his knife and folk on the table and looked into Claire's eyes, Claire froze, folk nearing her mouth, "is everything ok? With the job?"  Luke sighed and Claire feared the worst and gasped. "No, no it fine I still have the job, in fact they want me to start earlier" Claire looked relieved and then puzzled "earlier but it's the weekend? They don't work at the weekend?" A smile made it to Luke's face, Claire must have got her days mixed up. "No am going in tomorrow.....its Friday tomorrow" the realisation came across Claire's face, "oh yeah it only Thursday today, am losing the plot" Claire said but this time she was smiling about it.