Chapter 11: The Pride and Prejudice - part 1

Start from the beginning

This silent agreement between two Grand Alphas lasted for a week. And then the situation happened. Jungkook got back on the training with alphas. Taehyung was already on the field when he appeared. Yoongi talked with him for a moment and nodded, patting his back.

'Here we go again...' Bogum rolled his eyes.

Taehyung didn't mind his presence. It wasn't like they got close. But talkative, sociable Bogum was approaching him constantly. Chatting about a lot of different stuff that were going around the Palace for previous years. And he was a mine of knowledge about Jungkook too. He always had something to say about his behavior. The other alphas weren't so talkative. And some of them were pretty scared in Taehyung's opinion. And the fear was causing them to be more aggressive. Taehyung didn't like that.

So on that morning, when Jungkook appeared, the tension around recruits visibly raised. To make it worse, Yoongi quietly said to Taehyung that he should observe Jungkook, and learn from him.

Oh, Taehyung for sure was going to observe the Younger. But not exactly to learn anything he was doing...

'JK will fight with all of you today. One after another. The rest will analyse each fight. The more mistakes you will notice the more knowledge about your future opponents you will gain. From tomorrow onwards one of you will take the same test. You will need to stand one fight after another. Me Jackson and Wendy will judge your stamina and your focus after constant fighting. Today's fights will decide who will get his ass kicked tomorrow.'

The training was pretty chill. Jungkook wasn't playing around. He wasn't talking at all. He was focused. Taeil and four other recruits survived his constant attacks. Even Bogum did. Except when Taehyung observed Jungkook fighting with Bogum something was off. Like Jungkook was slightly... slacking off?

Of course not in Bogum's opinion. He get out from the field cursing Jungkook to the hell and back after his ass was kicked

'This fucking shithead almost killed me! He is such a fucking petty bitch! He always tries to make fun of me and break my fucking bones!'.

'You weren't really focused, you know?' said Chanyeol, shaking his head.

'It's easy to say for you!' hissed Bogum. 'He doesn't hate you! But he always goes at me with full force...!'

Chanyeol shrugged and went back to look at Kai's and Jungkook's fight. He was next. He was pretty nervous.

Kai did a spin kick so unexpectedly Jungkook needed to step back and guard himself with his forearms. Jungkook smirked. Caught Kai's ankle and the fight was over, before the next move was made. Jungkook nodded his head.

Pissed off, Kai left the fighting field, and grabbed a bottle of water. He was cursing under his nose.

'He is fucking insane, huh?' Bogum spoked.

'Of course he is fucking insane!' growled Kai. 'It's his eight fight and I could barely get him!'

Kai's words were almost like a complement. But Bogum didn't hear that. Instead he patted Taehyung's shoulder.

'Good thing we have someone, who can take him down now...'

Taehyung frowned. He wasn't here to take anybody's down. Especially one of his own pack. But he was ready to react. He won't stand and do nothing if the line would be crossed.

Kai glanced at Taehyung shortly and mumbled plainly: Yeah. Then he patted Chanyeol's back.

'Stay calm,' he mumbled and sat down.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and nodded. He stood in front of Jungkook, who was standing still with his eyes closed. Concentrating. He gulped and opened his eyes. Which were absolutely dark and cold.