XVII (XL). The Ultimate Halberd 🔱

Start from the beginning

"Then we're both running on empty!" Laughed Sabro, "Siegfried definitely has her own plan with her abilities!"

"Sabnock... about your back... I... well... thank you for saving me." Said Asmodeus feeling pressured and embarrassed.

"You felt forced to say that, right?" Asked Sabro.

"Shut up! I'd never say it otherwise and you know it!" Argued the fire demon, "I already feel pathetic enough right now as it is."

"Come on, Asmodeus. What are you talking about?" Cheered Yanna, "We are currently magnificently awesome! Right, Sabnock?"

"Indeed we are!" Agreed Sabro.

Just as the trio ran, Carmine Dragon was preparing another beam. If they can't run in time, they won't be able to dodge it. Luckily for them, Shichiro came to the rescue blocking the attack.

"I'm so thankful that you three survived." He said, "Rest easy. Yanna, please stay here-I need you to help out."

"Sure thing!" Replied Yanna before she turned to her friends, "Asmodeus, Sabnock, please retreat while I help Professor Balam."

The two nodded and they just so managed to get back to their other allies. Iruma ran up to them and Asmodeus ran to see Iruma. In his own relief, the former reached out and tightly wrapped his arms around the taller demon. Asmodeus realized that Iruma was crying in this state, thinking he would be dead. He apologized for what happened, but Iruma insisted that it was his fault for not thinking through anything around him.

This turned into an argument of whose fault it is until Sabro cut them off by carrying them both over his shoulders before they would get dragged into a beastly battle between what appeared to be another dragon named Nigipnir, alongside a flying red nine-tailed fox with Yanna on its back against Carmine Dragon.

Nigipnir

A cousin of the Nigi Nigi greens

A cousin of the Nigi Nigi greens. The more mana you store in their tiny seeds, the faster they grow.

Kyūbi no Kitsune [九尾の狐] (Japanese Nine-tailed Fox)