X (XXXIII). Balam's Lesson 📚

In Babylus Demon School, Netherworld History Classroom

The substitute instructor, Shichiro Balam-Study of Imaginary Beast Instructor, set foot to the floor with a stick of used chalk in his gloved hand before the lesson for Netherworld History has begun. And this would not be as normal as you may think. Knowing that students will run away from him, Shichiro had everyone in the room tied to thick vines that were all rooted to the ceiling. Now, without further ado, let's get started for class, everyone. Are you ready?

"Throughout our history-the history of the Netherworld, that is-countless imaginary beasts have existed and roamed this place." Said Shichiro as Clara was climbing on his shoulder and Isabelle was sitting on his lap while he is stroking her hair, "The study of them involves learning via imagination."

Then, Ryūko and Iruma got pulled over to him as he spoke.

"After all, it's a subject in which we research creatures of the imaginary kind." Continued Shichiro patting the heads of both siblings before it was Asmodeus's turn, "Hence, there are plenty of unexplored regions in the Netherworld."

"Do you think it could be possible for you to stop this?" Asked Asmodeus being pat by Shichiro and Clara.

"There must be new species out there." Said the instructor, ignoring Asmodeus's words.

"Um, excuse me..." Said Iruma.

"Yes? You want to know what imaginary beasts dine on?" Asked Shichiro, proceeding to the blackboard, "We believe that imaginary beasts eat other imaginary beasts! For example, cats in the Netherworld catch demon birds and eat them... But the imaginary version of a cat does not have wings! Therefore, we can theorize that it eats land creatures or water creatures."

"Say, Azz, do you think the reason all the other students ran away might be...?" Asked Iruma.

"Yeah, what we called Professor Balam's "skinship"." Explained Asmodeus, "He may teach imagination-based science, but he can't keep his hands off living creatures, so the lesson aisles."

"Apparently, he touches everyone to see if they're fit for his diabolical experiments." Whispered a student to Iruma.

"Experiments?" Asked Iruma.

"They say he kidnaps the students he likes... and conducts experiments on them throughout the entire night!" Said a cycloptic demon from behind.

That last sentence give strikes fear into students in an instant. But, there would always be one person who thinks otherwise.

"Be it as you may, but I refuse to accept such rumors." Said Ryūko.

"Huh? Why's that?" Asked Kaminari.

"Rumors are words that spread without conclusive evidence." Explained Ryūko, "Without anything near conclusive, we cannot see if this is true or not. Therefore, I mustn't judge an indivisual by the way they appear or are heard to be."

"Wow. That's so mature." Commented Yanna.

"That's Ryūko for you." Said Acheron. "She knows a lot of stuff more than anyone."

"Now, then. Today's discussion shall revolve around humans." Said Shichiro before a dummy tied by the waist came rolling down, "If a human were to suddenly appear in front of you, how would you react? What would you do?"

"What we'd obviously..." Answered a student.

"Eat them up!" Exclaimed the one beside the former.

"I've always heard that humans were a delicious treat." Said Azuki, "But I wonder if that's really true."