IV-A (XXVII-A). The Student Council President's Gaze 🗳️

In a Common Room

As stated in the previous chapter, where we left off, Ameri entered the Common Room Ryūko and Iruma were in. This time, she seems to be in her usual Student Council attire again.

"President Azazel, has it come to our attention you have reverted back to your normal state?" Asked Ryūko.

"Ryūko. Iruma..." Slumped Ameri to the floor covering where she feels is exposing, "Okay, please staring at me! Now I know I look ridiculous! I could just die!"

'Huh?!' Thought Iruma.

'I guess not....' Sighed Ryūko.

Iruma then brought Ameri a blanket for her to cover where is vulnerable.

"Wait, what happened? Why are you back in your old outfit?" Asked Iruma.

"Perhaps she thought going back to her usual clothes would bring the magic thread in her throat to a snap." Deduced the cambion.

"She's right. But what's even the point? At this rate, we're going to lose to the election. I'm only gonna end up causing problems and ruining everything for you guys." Said Ameri, "But, I figured the least I can do would be... t-to try and look the part but I can't even get that right..."

"Problems? B-but you're doing your best." Objected Iruma, "You're doing your duties for the Student Coun-"

"But I'm really not!" Countered the President, "I'm very aware that you've nicely been filling in and covering for me all this time. You're the only ones I can talk to about this, Ryūko and Iruma. The thing is, I love everyone in the Student Council. They're so smart and proud, so sincere, and they care so much about me. It brought me joy. Their precious dedication and loyalty... Everything they said and did was so honest and kind. But all of those things were all for my former version of me. She's the one you all listen to and admire so much."

The demoness' eyes were filled with cowardice and tears are at their limits of release, "That is why I'm so frightened! I want nothing but the best for this school always, but I have no confidence that my current self can accomplish that, and that it scares me! I'm terrified I'm going to fail! And I'm more terrified that everyone's going to speak ill of you all because of me! I'm terrified... of not living up to everyone's faith in me... especially a fact that Ryūko values pride..."

'I do value pride, but not as much as the pride of the entire academy.' Thought Ryūko, 'My own pride contradicts that of the whole of Babylus Demon School. Prinzessin der Däemonen, you are held responsible for every action and commitment you take as a princess. But a real princess would never abandon the allies she values with all her life.'

"Maybe I could run away and stepped down as President, and attend classes as a regular student." Said Ameri, "I could read books and have tea with you... Things could be peaceful. So if you accept me for the person I happen to be right now, I promise to stay by your side forever..."

"Objection! That is an ideal, not an ambition." Yelled Ryūko, "Iruma, you do the honors. A royal diplomat has said enough for a day."

Iruma held Ameri's arms in his objection as Ryūko said such and flashback resurface.

"Do you remember? That's what you once told us, President." Continued Iruma, "To achieve your ambitions, you always worked so hard, you had so much confidence, and endured every hardship because you're so determined to fulfill them. I believe that's why everyone looks up to you so much."