XVII (XL). The Ultimate Halberd 🔱

While Asmodeus, Sabro and Yanna were at flight for battle against Carmine Dragon, Shichiro, Damien, Iruma, Alexander, and Dariss lead the children on Picero's cloud to safety.

"I wonder if Azz, Sabnock, and Yanna are okay." Said Iruma as they run.

"Oh, you know nothing about the prestigious Siegfried and Asmodeus Clans, Iruma." Said Dariss, "Not to mention, the Sabnock Clan, too. I'm sure they'll sort that out."

"Well, even as decoys to draw its attention, I did ask them to be careful and not approach it." Said Shichiro, "So I'm sure they wouldn't attack-"

Or so he thought. A huge explosion occurred mid-air nearby. Turns out, Asmodeus and Sabro fought Carmine Dragon head-on. Even after that, they still argued who did better.

"What in the Netherworld are they doing?!" Exclaimed Damien as he witnessed the two demons are up to now.

"Are... Are they're fighting?" Asked Iruma.

"After I told them not to..." Face-palmed Shichiro, "Maybe I'm not dignified enough to be a teacher...

"No, that's not true at all..." Objected Iruma.

"I guess Siegfried was also dragged into this..." Assumed Dariss.

"Guess I'll do what I think is better." Sighed Yanna with her massive wings taking her to the dragon. With a swing of the Harpe, she slashes the beast's wings as her plan was to make it unable to fly from battle.

"Nicely done, Siegfried!" Praised Sabro.

"Nothing to it." Said Yanna modestly, "Just did what I felt was the best way to keep it from retreating."

"Master Iruma! I see you manage to rescue the children successfully!" Said Asmodeus.

Before Sabro could tell him off, Carmine Dragon missed a move that Asmodeus dodged. He landed a direct El Blast to his opponent, which also nearly hit Sabro and Yanna.

"Asmodeus! Careful of where you attack!" Scolded Yanna.

"You almost hit us, you know!" Added Sabro.

"Too bad I missed." Said Asmodeus.

"Are you joking?!" Argued Sabro with his tail charred, "Just look at my wings. They're clearly burnt!"

"It's your fault for not moving outside my range of attack." Mocked Asmodeus, "Step back. You're in my way."

Irked, Sabro bit on his copper tag and created a massive amount of lances thrown to the neck of Carmine Dragon. Asmodeus again got irritated by that, which caused him to summon his Gorgon Snake. In return for that move which still hit, Sabro summoned his Kelbie.

"That's a nice look, honor student!" Laughed Sabro, seeing how Asmodeus got soaked.

"Why do they have to fight so much, though...?" Sighed Iruma.

'Those three are actually overwhelming the Carmine Dragon right now.' Thought Shichiro, 'To think they're still only first-years at Babylus, simply terrifying. But still, we can't let our guard down. I should probably join in...'

But then, the dragon got up again ready to make a blast from its mana. It was an incredible amount released onto the area. When the fighting trio thought their allies have been hit, Shichiro managed to block the attack with his right glove burned up to arm-length. It was great relief to Asmodeus, but Iruma was yelling at him about something he couldn't hear. Turns out, it was a signal of moving away because the Carmine Dragon was at his back. There was nowhere to run, it blasted another beam of mana at him. At that moment, the words Iruma recalled were that he was too accustomed to putting himself in danger. No matter what kind of danger he put himself in, somewhere deep inside Iruma figured it would somehow work out. But as he was no longer alone, his precious friends may end up in danger, as well. It was so obvious yet he failed to realize it. When it was time Iruma should say farewell to his best friend Asmodeus, Shichiro, Damien, and Dariss told him to look up. Asmodeus wasn't dead. He was saved by Sabro and Yanna with the former's back against a burnt shield and the latter with her scythe blocking some melted metal from the shield. They shielded him at the last second and managed to endure the amount of damage the beast inflicted.