Highway to Hell

Narrator

"Axl needs to hurry up and get back here!" Steven said to the rest of the guys, slightly raising his voice. "It's gonna get dark soon and we still have a beach to go too!" He reminded them.

"We know, we know. We also still have to ask Annora and Leah if they want to come, so give it a rest." Slash said.

"I'll go ask!" Popcorn yelled excitedly as he bounced over to Leah's room. He knocked 7 times, in an odd pattern.

"Who is it?" I heard Annora yell. "The one that's gonna through you in the water if you don't get your bathing suit on and get out here!" He swung the door open and put his arms up, as if he was gonna attack her. Annora slid past him, giggling. He walked over and hoisted Leah up on his shoulder, carrying her out of the room. She was kicking and laughing as I walked down the hallway to where Izzy, Duff, and Slash were standing. They all laughed at the sight.

He set her down, and she ran back down the hallway, turning to stick her tongue out mid-stride. She put on her black high-waisted bathing suit bottoms and a tropical leaf print bikini top. She slipped on a bathing suit cover up and snuck down the hallway. She peaked around the corner to see that Duff, Slash, and Steven were in the kitchen, leaving Izzy alone staring at the TV. She lounged at him and he looked a the girl in surprise.

"Gotcha!" She said, catching herself by gripping Izzy's shirt. The couple giggled and looked at each other. What she didn't notice was Steven, sneaking up behind her, putting his index finger over his lips to tell Izzy to be quiet. He jumped at her, like the hyper golden retriever that he was, causing the three of them to collapse to the floor.

Slash tried, but failed to hold back his laugh. A few minutes later, Axl walked in looking very confused.

"What'd I miss?" He asked, watching the trio get off the floor as Slash was walking over to help them up. They all burst out in laughter. Axl shook his head and smiled. After herding the cats that they call band mates, they all hopped in the car and went down to the nearby beach. It was right before sunset, and the beach was practically empty.

"It's beautiful out here," Izzy said to Leah as he grabbed her hand. "Just like you!" He continued to say. "You're not so bad yourself." She said with a smirk.

"Ok, ok. You two lovebirds separate before we have to watch you guys make out." Axl said, putting his hands on both of their shoulders, moving them apart.

"Let's go swimming!" Popcorn yelled. Leah always admired how energetic he was. He always kept a smile on his face. He took his shirt off and jumped in, not really caring where it went. He grabbed a piece of seaweed and threw it at Slash. Slash shouted some obscenities as he swam away. Axl found a dead crab and insisted that Leah pick it up. Much to his surprise, Leah was fine with that. She picked it up and started chasing him with it.

"I forgot that you liked that kinda stuff!" He yelled as he darted down the beach. She was chasing him, holding the crustacean, catching up.
"I'm gonna get you back for this!"
"Not if I have anything to do with it!"
"Eww you got water in my mouth, Steve!"
"Uhh... SLASH DID IT!"
"Get that stinky thing away from me!"
"You're not Madonna, sweetheart!"
"Can you guys relax?"
The yelling went on for a few more minutes. Finally Leah set the crab down and Steven stopped splashing everybody.

"It's so pretty out here," Stevie said as he sat down next to Leah. "Yeah" she agreed.

She looked over at him and looked into his eyes. He was really attractive, and she was trying not to be to obvious. "Y'know, Leah, I really like you. Like; like like you." He admitted, while putting his arm around her shoulder. She put her arm around his torso and leaned into the hug. "Popcorn, I like you too. But I can't be in a relationship, I'm sorry. At least not yet, anyways. But you're my best friend, and I love you nonetheless." Izzy heard what you said and gave you a look that said he was proud. He nodded and went back to talking to Axl.

———

  The boys dropped Leah and Annora off at their apartment and sped off to their place. They had fun at the beach, but we were both exhausted. They took turns taking showers and when we were done they watched the movie Poltergeist. After both of the girls were done being scared out of their wits, they made sure to turn on all the lights and sleep in the same room.

  "Gahhh, Annie, why are we so stupid?" Leah said, hugging herself on her floppy mattress. "Now we aren't gonna be able to sleep for weeks!" She said, then realizing Annora wasn't there. She looked around. It was completely silent, so she walked over and turned on the radio. The radio always comforted her when she was nervous. She listened to the music and tried to relax. All the sudden the lights in the hallway started to flicker. She looked around.

  She was trembling in fear, and all of the sudden a dark figure was standing in her doorway.

  "Reverend?" She managed to squeak out nervously.

  "No!" A booming voice came from the being.

  "Annie!" She said as she jumped out, holding a blanket around her and wearing a hat.

  "You fuckin scared the shit out of me!" Leah screamed. They finally fell asleep, dreaming about how silly that little stunt was.

———————————————————————————

A/N I hope you guys noticed that I added the creepy part on chapter 13! 🧟‍♀️👻