Welcome to the Jungle p.2

"I feel sick." Leah moaned as she wobbled off the plane, her smaller of the 2 suitcases in hand. She had this one stored in the compartment overhead. Her face looked a little green and her normally slightly raspy voice sounded completely horse. She was nervous.

"Umm... you'll be ok. Let me get us a taxi and get us to our new home." Annora insisted with a small smile on her face while grabbing the rest of their bags. Annora knew that Leah was basically fearless, and that she was always willing to try new things... she just hated flying. She wasn't scared, she just hated the idea that things could go wrong at any moment, and getting sick on planes didn't help.

———

They got to the house and it was nearly empty. There was 2 beds, one in each bedroom, kitchen appliances, a couch, a table, and a TV. Annora walked Leah inside and to the new bathroom. She cleaned off her bestie and leaned her over the toilet, pulling her hair back in case she were to throw up.

"You stay there, I'm going to unpack some of our stuff and make our beds. When you feel better you can come over and sit on the couch in case you don't feel tired." She said, with a comforting smile on her face. She got started making the new place look like home.

Annora lifted a poster out of Leah's bag. She looked at it intensely, eyeing the guy in the front. He was skinny with beautiful strawberry red hair that went down to his chest. He had emerald green eyes and a beautiful face. She saw the name "Guns n Roses" plastered to the top of the poster.

"Hey Leah?" She yelled through the house.

"Yeah?" She said, walking in the room holding her stomach. Some of the green tinge had drained out of her lightly tanned face.

"Who's that?" She boldly questioned, accompanied with a whistle.

"You're looking at Axl Rose." Leah said in response.

"Well, sis, you got good taste in guys..." Annora said, wondering how Leah would respond. She knew she didn't like guys... or anyone. She only wanted friends. One friend. And that one friend was Annora. They were wildly different, but in Leah's mind, variety is the spice of life and she was fine with her bestie being the way she was.

"Eww" she yelled, faking a gag and then bursting out into laughter.

"I'm just speaking my mind!" Annora yelled, trying to hold back her laughter. She finally gave in. She just loved her bestie too much.

———

The next morning, they both went out in search of a job. Turns out, they both found a place to apply... the same restaurant, called "Kacey's Bar n' Grill" meaning that they were together ALL the TIME.

———

"Hey, Leah? Why don't we go out tonight to celebrate? I mean, it's not like we start work tomorrow... we can sleep as much as we want." Annora said, trailing off knowing that she would probably get a big fat no.

"Ok, I guess. But I'm not getting drunk and I don't plan on staying late." She negotiated.

"Okaayyy," Annora said disappointedly, "at least we get to go!" She said with a big grin on her face.