Can't Fight This Feeling

"Hey, Leah, I was going to run some errands. Want to come with?" Steven asked with his signature grin on his face.

  "Umm... ok I guess!" She said in response.

  "Ok great! I'll drive!" He held the door for her and when the exited, he put his hand around his neck, stopped walking, and just studied her beautiful face. He looked into her eyes.

  "Oh, umm, sorry, I guess we should get going!" He said, nervously. She couldn't help but snicker at the sight. He blushed a little and kept walking.

  "Ooo I didn't know you had a Hartley!" He said with a big smile. "Can we take it?"

  "Sure thing! Just... be careful." His grin widened. He looked like a puppy who was just about to get a treat. She wrapped her hands around his waist, trying not to make things awkward. That was slightly impossible. "Ready?" She asked. "Ready!" He looked back and smiled before zooming off.

The two went to the store to pick up some more booze. They grabbed a few other things too and strapped it in the small compartment in the back of the motorcycle.

"Want to go to the bar?" He asked hopefully, knowing that they didn't have a gig tonight. "Umm... I guess. But who's gonna drive?" She questioned, trying to find an excuse not to go. "Driving while drunk isn't safe, much less on a motorcycle." "I guess you're right. But we could just stay until we sober up..." he pushed. "Okayyyy" she said as she gave in to his plea.

They walked in and both ordered a Jack. It was late in the day, around 5:30. The bar was pretty busy, for a Wednesday night at least. Before they knew it they were as drunk as hell and no one could control them. Steven looked at Leah.

"I don't think you should have anymore..." he slurred. "Remember what happened last time you got drunk?" He said with a snicker.

"Ok, I'll stop. I didn't know drinking could be so much fun!" She said as she stumbled around. Steven grabbed her waist to steady her. He looked into her eyes. They were both drunk, but he was used to it and she wasn't. He was fully aware of the situation, but he continued anyway. His optimistic self pulled her closer to his body. They started to sway to the music. He finally landed a big kiss on her lips. She was ok with it. She was too drunk to control herself.

———

They had been there for a while. Leah had since forgotten there little 'moment', but Steven knew he never would. They were sobering up and Steven was in a state to drive.

"Hey... ready to go?" He asked

"Ok! Who's driving?" She said, looking a little sick.

"I've got it." Steven responded.

He didn't drive her back to her house. Or his apartment. He told her that their destination was a surprise. They ended up driving for what seemed like forever. Finally, he parked at the entrance to a beautiful forest.

"What is this place? It's so pretty!" Leah said, admiring the outdoors. It was about 9:00 at night. The pair laid down on the ground next to each other.

"I'm sorry about Axl," He said. "He just likes you. He's pretty pushy, and he thinks you're pretty. Who wouldn't—" Steven slipped up. He had a face of panic.

She put her hand on his shoulder and laid on her side to turn to him. "It's ok."

She had soon drifted off to sleep, but he was still wide awake. He just stared. Admired her fair skin and beautiful hair. She had a beautiful body. She was beautiful in and out. I love her so much. He thought. He wrapped his arms around the sleeping girl and fell fast asleep. This is the best night of my life.

But all good things come to an end. She woke up, this time instead of jumping up right away, she sat there for a few minutes. She was oddly comfortable on the ground. She wasn't sure if it was because of the drummer, who was still snuggled into the crook of her neck, or the fact that she was in the woods. The woods were like her home. Where she grew up.

Steven's POV

I woke up to see Leah had fallen Back asleep. We were snuggled up. I had my face in the crook of her neck and my arms around her. She didn't seem alarmed. At least, not yet. She was beautiful. I lightly kissed her neck and held her tighter. It wasn't long before she woke up.

"Good morning!" I said, in hopes that she wouldn't be in a grumpy mood.

"God, what did I do this time?!" She said loudly, standing up.

"It's ok, it's my fault. I shouldn't have done that. But you were so cuteeee!" I said, not really thinking about the consequences. She gave me a face that made me automatically shut up and clean myself off. We hopped on the motorcycle and headed back.

"I'm sorry." I said, trying to smile. She hugged my waist a little tighter and I grinned.

"It's ok, I'm just... not used to this life yet. I've gone through a big change and this is all really new." She said to me, with a nervous smile on her face.

"I get it. I'm sorry! If me, or anyone else from the band hurts you, you tell me!"

"Thanks for having my back. You're a good friend." She said with a smile. I blushed. She was amazing, and I was completely willing to do anything for her, even if we were just friends.