Chapter 9

Every Rose Has its Thorn

Visiting:

Jiyong made sure to keep the entire plan organized. A lie was made up to tell the public that he was going to vacation in the US. It was a bit weird to see Victoria at the airport and not being able to talk to her, or even look at her. He stood across the room while she sat in one of the seats at the gate. He saw her wearing the hugging skinny jeans he loved on her, and a loose fitting t-shirt with flip flops. Her firing unnatural red hair was tied back and pulled through her pink snap back cap that read "love" on the front in gold lettering. She wore sunglasses and a white sick mask to hide her face, just in case anyone were to recognize her.

He found himself staring at her through his own sunglasses and cleared his throat in awkwardness. Why was he admiring her so much? She was only a friend. A friend that made him feel good when he needed it. He said that if one were to grow feelings for the other, they would have to stop doing what they were doing. He hated he said that because he couldn't simply take it back now. He had too much pride for that. They both did. He knew she had real feelings for him and he liked that since he had feelings for her in return.

However, he could never let her know that. They both couldn't bring themselves to say it because of what he said. If one were to admit their feelings, the other would suppress their own and suggest ending it, since that was the rule. They could never date properly. He couldn't risk it getting out to the public and have her hated on. His thoughts about it brought up the question of if he was suppressing his feelings for her, or for himself. If it really was for himself, did that make him selfish?

The announcement came that the plane was now boarding. The first class was being boarded first, which meant he couldn't stand there any longer. Putting his lollipop back into his mouth, he walked to the plane and forced himself not to give Victoria another glance.

Victoria looked up and saw Jiyong boarding the plane first. He was such a good friend for agreeing to do this. She was originally going to visit for just a week, but when she told her family that she would be bringing her "boyfriend" with her, they insisted on her staying another week. Two weeks in Arizona with Kwon Jiyong. She couldn't help but feel excited and worried at the same time. She had to be at least a little worried since if one thing went wrong, like them being seen together, everything would be ruined. He looked so handsome when he dressed plainly. Just jeans, a button up light blue shirt, and him wearing his snap back on backwards. He always liked thinking outside the box when it came to fashion, sometimes a little too much. She noticed that in reality, he was perfect with just the simple things.

After the first class boarded, she waited for her section to be called. Once she stepped into the plane, she passed the people already seated and saw Jiyong sitting in the seat closest to the aisle. She walked right past him, hating that she couldn't speak to him for the entire flight. They would be on here for hours and hours and she hated that they would be strangers the entire time. He kept his head down as she passed, keeping his eyes on his phone. As soon as she sat in her window seat further back, she glanced up just a little and saw his head up in the front. They were so close yet so far away. She suddenly felt her text message ringtone go off in her back pocket. She pulled it out and saw that Jiyong had just texted her.

"This sucks." She read and it made her laugh a little. He sent another message which read, "How's it going back there?"

She replied, "It's boring back here. How is it up there?"

"It's very boring, I wish you were here next to me." He looked at his message before he sent it and decided to delete the last part. Instead he just sent, "Very boring."