THREE | a mothers love.

Start from the beginning

Running out the doors of the academy, [Name] hadn't gotten far when she suddenly caught glimpse of a flash before suddenly a much taller person was in front of her and she ran right into them. "Ow!" she whined out as she backed away from the impact, grasping her forehead as she felt the palms of their hands ruffled into her [H/C] hair. "[Name]." Shisui said to her, his usual tone wasn't evident in his voice today. She looked up and noticed her three clans member staring at her.

Itachi stood alongside Sasuke, who beforehand didn't have this look of misery in his eyes. Quite frankly the three of them all held this same miserable look, she was so confused. Naruto, who had long been at the gates of the Academy turned around to notice that his friend was no longer near him, but rather faced with the miserable looks of her clans members.

"[Name]..? Seriously what's going on..?" he said as he walked back towards her, wearily looking onwards to her clans members, she could only shrug in return before Shisui faced the Uzumaki and explained to him that family matters had happened at home and that [Name] was urgently needed at home. Something within her heart dropped upon those words as if she knew what he meant.

[Name] looked at Shisui suspiciously before he returned an unreadable expression to her. "Let's get you home quickly." He said, before flickering her & the two others away. And all Naruto could do was stare at the spot they had been in as they vanished into thin air, wondering what affairs the Uchiha's had going on that took her away from him at that moment.

All he could do was hope that [Name] would be ok.
━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮

Shisui's PERSPECTIVE

Mina Uchiha's Residence.

HIDDEN LEAF.

╰────────────╯

Death was a difficult ordeal to accept, but it was inevitable to happen to everyone. With an Uchiha, it could be inevitable sooner than expected.

Shisui had begun to notice a change physical within Mina, the woman he had viewed as a mother figure after the loss of his parents. He assumed that his constant babysitting of [Name] before her enrollment in the Academy was simply that she wanted to enjoy her youth while she could but he soon found it otherwise that it was something else. When in reality, her constant days out with Mikoto were actually hospital visits that Mikoto would guide her to.

He figured, [Name] was unaware of this, his suspicions becoming confirmed when Mina had pleaded with him not to tell [Name] until it was the time a few months back. He didn't realize.. she had meant so soon. Last week had been the first time he had saw the woman in a while due to his outside missions, and he was taken back by her deteriorating appearance she took on now, and he wondered..had [Name] noticed? Had she figured it out?

"Mom..? W-Whats going on.." The vivid number of people that stood in Mina's room at that moment had given it away, Sasuke & Itachi's parents were both there, Fugaku stood in the corner with his head hanging low, with Mikoto sitting by Mina's bedside as Mina laid in her bed weakly. Her hand reached out for her daughter, she whispered out her name weakly as strands of tears ran down her face. "I failed you.., both you & Obito..I couldn't..keep my promise..I'm sorry [Name].."

Shisui couldn't bear to see this, the young girl he viewed as his sister going through one of the most painful things an Uchiha or quite frankly anyone would have to go through. Shisui's hand rested on [Name]'s shoulder. "It's going to be okay.." he heard Mina say to [Name], he could sense her life force depleting. "Me, your father & your brother will be watching you from above.., cheering you on..I promise..I..love you.." And [Name] could hear the sound of her Mother's last breath being took. Her mother's grip weakened in her hand.