⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟖

Start from the beginning

yunhee knew he didn't really mean it. he didn't hate jisung. if anything, he deeply cares for him and would do anything to help him if it came down to that.

"i don't hate him..." she admitted. "i think he's dealing with a lot. he is a pureblood slytherin and his parents have always been harsh on him about pride and staying away from people like me. i think he had no choice but to distant himself and i don't blame him for it. i am mad, but if he came back and apologised, i'd be happy to be friends again."

"you have a kind heart, yunhee." jeno told her, placing a hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner.

"thanks. i hope to keep it like that."

⚯͛

"alastor moody." the professor, who stood at the front of the room, began the lesson off with. "ex auror... ministry malcontent and your new defence against the dark arts teacher. i'm here because dumbledore asked me. end of story, goodbye, the end. any questions?"

yunhee lowered her head as she felt the professor's eyes wander the room, looking at every student. next to her, jeno did the same, feeling uncomfortable because of the new professor.

"when it comes to the dark arts... i believe in a practical approach. but first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"three, sir." someone replied.

"and they are so named?"

"because they are unforgivable. the use of any of them will get you sent to azkaban." renjun answered, not looking up from the piece of paper on his desk.

"correct. the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. i say different! you need to know what you're up against. you need to be prepared. you need to find another place to put your chewing gum beside the other side of your desk, mr finnigan!" professor moody said in almost one breath.

"no way. the old codger can see out the back of his head."

professor moody spun around, flinging a piece of chalk towards seamus. yunhee and jeno were sitting on one of the desks in front of him so they had to quickly duck to avoid being hit. luckily, it missed all students.

"and hear across classrooms!" he yelled then took menacing steps forwards. "so which curse shall we see first?"

"professor, we're not all—" renjun began to say, but was cut off.

"jeno!"

"yes?" jeno stuttered, accidentally latching onto yunhee's hand when he was yelled at. she patted the back of his hand with her free one.

"stand." he nodded and slowly stood up, letting go of her hand. "give us a curse."

"well, my dad did tell me about one. the imperius curse."

"oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. perhaps this will show you why."

"sit." yunhee nudged jeno and he hesitantly lowered himself back onto his seat, watching the front of the classroom carefully. the professor went over to his table where there were several jars. he opened one lid and took out a strange spider.