Within a second of confirmation, Jennifer felt a breeze shift some of her hair, accompanied by the soft fabric of Peter's band varsity jacket brushing against her bare arms.

"You're the guy that did all this?," he asked Charles with a frown, grabbing Jennifer's free hand and squeezing it gently in support as he continued. "You're the guy that brought her here?"

Jennifer knew that some small part of Peter wanted to thank Charles for allowing the two of them to meet, because in some twisted way, she felt the same, but there wasn't a chance in hell she would ever thank him, and it seemed that he wouldn't either. He was standing by her side, helping her through whatever you wanted to call this, reinforcing her confidence. Perhaps, if she wasn't so riled up at that moment, she might've even realised that he was trying to protect her from any more harm.

Charles looked back and forth between the two teenagers, trying to figure out what was going on. When he realised that staring at them wasn't getting him anywhere, he focused back on Jennifer. "What? I don't understand, what's going on? How are you here?"

"Dude! You time travelled her!!!"

There was one person in the room Jennifer didn't recognise, and he decided now to speak up for the first time since she entered the room. "Alright, I'm confused. What the hell is happening here?"

Turning her head, Jennifer glanced at the man and his two hair peaks. He didn't seem to happy to be there, bored even, and apparently he didn't like being left out of the loop either. He was right though – no one had any clue of what the large picture was, and it was all becoming a bit difficult to follow. 

Reluctantly, Jennifer took a step back, releasing Charles' shirt but keeping a wary eye on him as he cautiously moved back to the middle of the room. She looked around, reassessing the situation. Hank was there, considerably less blue than the last time she saw him, currently standing off to the side and clearly having watched the scene unfold, but showed no signs of actually understanding what had happened.

"Well its obvious that you didn't have a change of heart and come looking for me, so why are you here?," she asked, constantly shifting her gaze from person to person.

Peter, having let go of her hand, feeling the tension in the room decrease, started tossing a ping pong ball up and down. "Yeah, who are you guys and what do you want?"

"We need your help Peter," the mystery man said, though he didn't really clear anything up. It was like he wanted to seem super ominous but was only succeeding in creating more questions. 

"For what?"

"To break into a highly secure facility...and get someone out."

Jennifer frowned, pushing herself off the back of the couch and crossing her arms over her chest. "Prison break? You do realise that's illegal right? The person's probably in there for good reason."

Hank nodded, agreeing with her. "Oh yeah, there's definitely a good reason he's in there. I wouldn't break him out."

Charles and the taller man sent a glare towards Hank, who immediately shrugged in response.

"Who is it?," Jennifer asked, curiosity filling her. The three men didn't seem to like the man they were planning to break out of prison, so real question was why they were trying so hard to get him?

"I'm sorry, who are you?," mystery man asked, annoyance lacing his voice as he rested a hand on his waist.

"Who are you?"

"I asked first."

"And I asked second," she countered once again, making up for her lame argument with a confident stare that could probably make the boldest person rethink their place on the ladder. There was a silence. "So I'll ask again. Who are you and how do you know Pete?"

He chuckled at her attitude, low key impressed at how she didn't care about the weight of the situation. "I'm Logan, and Peter and I, we met...," he squinted as he did some mental maths, "twenty years from now."

"Twenty years for now? Like, future twenty years from now?" He nodded. "Fair enough."

"Fair enough?," Logan repeated, a bit surprised about how unsurprised Jennifer was. He had been expecting some dramatics, some failing to grasp the concept, but no, there was just an immediate acceptance. He looked over to Peter in hopes of receiving at least some acknowledgement of what he had just said, but he seemed too focused on Jennifer to show any signs of listening to the conversation.

Jennifer shrugged. "Yeah, we all have our own relationship with time travel."

"Um, no, we don't," Hank added from the corner, utterly confused, though no one paid any attention to him.

"So what? You're from the future? How come you know me but not Jenny?," Peter asked, worried about what the future meant if his girlfriend wasn't with him anymore. He received no answer, causing him to frown, a dimple appearing above his eyebrow that Jennifer had to fight the urge to poke. "And you want help to do a prison break? Why didn't you just go back before whoever it was was put in jail?"

"It's complicated, alright," Charles stepped in having recovered from his earlier panic, using a pair of sunglasses to pull back the hair that kept falling in his eyes. "Are you going to help us or not?"

Jennifer faced Peter, locking eyes with him. She didn't want to go anywhere his Charles, not ever, but she knew that Hank wouldn't be there unless there was a good reason for it, after all, he wasn't the type to break the law without cause. And Logan, well, he looked tired, like he had seen things he didn't want to, and if he was from the future then he must've came back to stop something terrible from happening.

She had said that it wasn't her place to safe the world, not after everything she had lost the first time around, but if they wanted Peter then there wasn't a chance in hell she was going to let him go alone. They were a couple, and that meant she was going to let Peter risk himself without her there to help the best she could, and she knew he felt the same.

"How do we know we can trust you?," he asked.

"Yeah," Jennifer added, turning to Charles. "How do we know you wouldn't stab us in the back?"

"Because," Logan started, tucking his sunglasses away in his pocket. "We're just like you."

He knew that wasn't what Jennifer meant. She knew that at least two of them were mutants, but it wouldn't be the first time mutants had gone head to head. She needed to know that they weren't going to be left high and dry when their job was done. She wasn't going to get that reassurance though, and Charles seemed more interested in convincing Peter than trying to understand how much he had hurt Jennifer.

"Show him," he encouraged Logan, purposely avoiding Jennifer's eyes that were burning holes in the side of his head.

Logan raised his right hand in a fist, clenching the muscles briefly before three bony claws pierced the skin between his muscles and extended until they were about twenty centimetres in length.

The two teenagers grimaced, Jennifer scrunching up her nose at the thought of the claws being broken, and Peter's upper lip curled up, slightly nauseous at the sight. "That's cool but it's disgusting."

|☆| ~ |☆| ~ |☆|