Chapter 5 - Table for Three

Start from the beginning

Two things had freed up her time enough to allow her to finish her film projects. Lisa and Jessi.

Lisa had offered to edit the footage they shot on the field and had done a great job. Rosé had found out that she and Lisa had pretty similar styles and Rosé found herself agreeing with a lot of her suggestions. Sunny assigning Lisa to help her out had been one of the best things to happen to her this semester.

One of the worst things had been running into Jessi one day in the quad.

"Hey you! Tim Burton!" Jessi had called out.

Rosé hadn't been sure who had shouted, but when she heard the name of one of her favorite filmmakers, she had looked up. That's when she had seen Jessi practically stomping towards her.

Rosé was sure her eyes had almost popped out of her sockets out of fear.

"Listen up Blond Ambition," Jessi had said, "You're the one filming my video right?"

Rosé had just nodded.

"I did a background check on you when I found out our name. Had to make sure you knew what you were doing."

"I do," Rosé had said softly. This lady really was super scary just like everyone had said.

"Saw some of your short movies," Jessi had told her, "Nice work. You actually have some talent."

Rosé was sure she had smiled.

"So listen up," Jessi had gone on, "Your filming the squad and me will have to be pushed back a week. I'm menstruating and bloated like a whale and I cannot be filmed now."

Rosé had been confused. Jessi looked way old. Like Grandma Park old and she was sure grandmas that old didn't get their periods anymore. But she said nothing.

"Umm, sure," Rosé had told her, "I'll start next week. Umm, I'll...I'll make an appointment with Baekhyun."

"Don't bother," Jessi had told her, her hand now on her stomach, "Ugh, cramps! Anyway, I'm about to go see Porcelain now. I'll tell him. I'll have him call you with a date."

"Yeah, OK."

That had been last Tuesday. Rosé still hadn't gotten a call from Baekhyun or whoever the hell Porcelain was. She didn't mind though. The extra free time had been just what she needed. She had even gotten able to sleep in a couple of days.

"Are you all done?" Lisa asked coming into the editing room where Rosé had spent the last two hours retouching some shots for her projects.

"Yup!" Rosé clicked the eject button and took out the DVD from the computer, "Now I just have to go by Sunny's office and turn this in and I'm free!"

"That's great," Lisa said with a laugh.

"Thank you so much for editing the field footage, Lisa," Rosé said taking the DVD and putting it in her bag, "You totally saved me."

Lisa shrugged her shoulders, "Just doing my job."

"Still," Rosé said looking at Lisa, "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"As a thank you," Rosé said standing up and grabbing her bag, "I'm buying you lunch. Or dinner. Or a chocolate shake!"

Lisa laughed, "That's not necessary, Rosé. I'm getting paid to do this."

"OK, well," Rosé said, "Let's make it a 'Welcome to UCLA' gift then."

Maybe it was the extra sleep but Rosé was surprised at how friendly she was being with Lisa. There was no awkwardness, no shyness. It was a great feeling to be relaxed around someone new.