Chapter Four: Vivian

After lunch, Misty, Sophia, Kendall, and Ava walked out of the cafeteria together. Soon, Kendall and Ava had separated from Misty and Sophia because they took art class together at that time.  As soon as they got upstairs, Sophia turned to get herself to geography and Misty went to science. 

Misty sat down at a desk next to the window. She liked it there because of the view and slight exposure to the sun. It helped calm her down. 

Mrs. Duke walked in and started taking attendance. "Violet Reese?"

"Here!"

"Jason Cooper?"

"Here!"

"Misty Thalassa?" 

"Here!"

"Will Koontz?"

"Here!"

"Lizzy Willows?"

"Present!"

"Vivian Vardia?"

No answer. Mrs. Duke tried again. "Vivian Vardia?" Still no reply. "Has anyone seen Vivian walk into school today?"

Four kids say "yes" at the same time.

"Well, if she's here, can someone go find her please?"

Misty volunteered. Mrs. Duke gave Misty the hall pass and then she went to look. Misty first looked at all the water fountains in the school because maybe she was refilling a water bottle or getting a drink. No Vivian. Misty asked Mr. Rhon, the vice principal, and he claimed that she went downstairs to the bathroom closest to the cafeteria to use it.

"However, she's been in there for a while. I wanted to check to make sure she wasn't skipping class, but since it's the girls' room, I can't go in there. I was going to get a female student to go check on her, but looks like you've already taken that job." Mr. Rhon told Misty.

"Okay! Thanks, Mr. Rhon." Misty said.

As Misty neared the cafeteria, she could hear some mean-sounding voices giggling in the bathroom. Misty peeked around the corner of the bathroom and saw three girls standing side by side, their backs turned to Misty.

The one in the middle had long, curly, blonde hair put up neatly into a high ponytail with her bangs long and straight. A few strands of hair flowed over her shoulders. She had hazel eyes and was wearing a jean jacket. The jacket cut off at her waist. The collar of it was shaped like dragonfly wings lying flat on her shoulders. The sleeves had a nice clean cut at the wrists. On the front it had a pink and teal butterfly with a silver outline. There were pink hearts underneath the butterfly and also on the other side of the jean jacket. The hearts and butterfly were all made out of tiny fake rhinestones. She had a pink plaid dress underneath with a tiny, gold-colored belt going around the waist. Her shoes were magenta-colored heels. She was standing with her hands on her hips. 

The girl to the right had ginger hair put up in two little buns on her head with yellow ribbon dangling from each. She had sparkling emerald green eyes. She was wearing a dandelion yellow romper with tiny woven daisies on the front. She wore navy blue and white converse shoes. She was standing with her arms crossed.

And finally the girl to the left had dark black hair with a large portion dyed an aqua color put up into a braided crown. She was wearing a floral print sweatshirt and black sweatpants. Her eyes were royal purple. Her shoes were white flats. She was standing with one hand on her hip and the other at her side.

All three girls had a fourth girl, the one that was most likely Vivian, backed into a corner between the sinks and stalls, leaving her defenseless. The three bullies taunted Vivian about something Misty couldn't quite understand.