Dreams

"Who paid for it?"
"The girl who kept coming to visit you" the nurse looked at him as he signed his discharge papers. Devyn had always been there for him, as he had for her. Their friendship, relationship.. he wasn't sure but whatever they were ended some of their relationships. They fought like crazy, he had been there when she got into trouble and she did the same for him. 

He had known since the first moment he saw her, she was bad news for him and in the years he was definitely bad news for her. The never ending cycle that was like a magnet that kept them together, pulling them back at every opportunity. That the hole left in him now was his doing, he had never taken her on a date. He had never dated her even, she was just there when he needed someone and at times they had felt so wrong. It was so wrong that they knew they had to end their relationships, it was unspoken but they had both known the never ending cycle was like gravity. 

The first time he saw her with Yoongi and the first time he introduced them, her big brown eyes looked right up at him as she smiled. Curled up at the sides, her eyes looked at him as he tried to work out the mystery behind them. She was quiet but open as her arm draped around Yoongi, she kept his gaze and attention without meaning to and she made the room quiet when she walked in. 

The first time she had ever called him was seared into his memory. Even though she was older than him, she was tiny and at 18 years old he already looked older than her as she walked home from her job. He had remembered the half moon that night that shone, when his phone rang. 

"I didn't know who else to call" as he heard the tremor in her voice. 
"What's wrong and where are you?" 
"I think someone is following me" as he ran out the exit of the club grabbing his jacket and out the door with just his keys running to where she had told him she was. Luckily he wasn't far as he got to her, keeping her on the phone until he got to her just a mere two blocks away.

In the distance he had seen a shadow disappear as she looked up at him, tears streamed down her face as she almost collapsed into him. Her hand balled into fists holding tightly onto his jacket as she shook against him, he held her up as he wrapped his arms around her waiting for her to calm down. 

"Let's go" he noted the chill in the air, as it neared midnight. The moon shining through the clouds, they walked in silence and afterwards she had thanked him. That the next day she had bought him food at lunch. 

He has seen her around and they were in the same club but she was a senior who majored in Education, on campus he noticed the people who looked at her. The deep brown of her eyes that were like home, that if she stared she looked impassioned and captivating. 

He has seen her before in high school too, she was bright and studious. She had good grades and had many friends, some she kept in the years like his bestfriend and roommate whose friendship with her he had questioned at times. After that night he made a note to pick her up from work on occasion. 

"Pick up" as he listened to the ring on the phone. 
"Jin" he looked up to see Yoongi. 
"What are you doing here?" 
"Devyn said you get discharged today.. I wouldn't bother, she wont pick up" 
"Have you seen her?" 
"Not much lately" he shrugged "but Lexie said she is busy with school and work" as he nodded. 
"Why don't you even question when I know who you meant" as he glared at him. 
"Don't start" as Yoongi chuckled. 
"That nurse is cute" as he rang her again to no avail. Yoongi had smiled at him, it was a smirked like he knew something that he didn't. 
"Let's go" he pulled Yoongi along as Yoongi shot a smile at the nurse tipping his head bowing and thanking the staff as they left. He had questions. 

"Devyn?" 
"I honestly don't know" as he drove him home. 
"You have seen her the past few days?" as he nodded. 
"You were in hospital a week, she isn't a ghost" as Yoongi glanced him over. 
"Yeah I still don't understand why... it was a minor accident. They were so cautious" as he looked at the smirked that crossed Yoongi's face. 
"It was her... she threatened them that if something happen to you she would make them pay" as he sat back in the seat. 
"They said she came every night" as Yoongi watched the road. The silence didn't bode well for him especially when it came to things about Devyn that Yoongi knew. 
"She is at the library at school" as Yoongi pulled up to the school. 
"Thank Yoongi" as he walked through campus and people greeted him with well wishes. He stood at the door of the library as he watched someone walk up to her with a drink. She pushed her hair behind her ear and thanked them.