Chapter 3: Decision Ahead

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

&@@@$&@@$$&@

It was a school day. It was lunch time and I saw that the Cullens weren't at school. Bella had noticed it too. I walked up to Bella before lunch ended. "Have you seen the Cullens today?" I asked her. She shook her head. "No. Did you?" she asked me. "No. I wondered what happened," I said. We both thought of the same reason. It was probably because of Bella.

After school, I walked to work. I couldn't get what had happened to the Cullens. It was an accident from my point of view. But, then again. A small accident could mean something big to them. After work, I walked outside. Jasper wasn't there to pick me up. "Something is up," I told myself.

I walked home. It had been a long time since I walked home from work. I walked into my apartment and into my room. I saw a big vanilla envelope on my desk. I looked at it. It was from Jasper. I opened the envelope and took the letter out.

Dear Beverly,

I am sorry for not picking you up from work. I hope you are not mad at me.

The truth is...we are moving away from Forks. People have started to notice that Carlisle hadn't age. By the time you read this, we would already be gone.

Please. Don't do anything to hurt yourself. I couldn't bare the pain if you do. Please stay safe and healthy for me.

I have registered a car for you. The keys should be in the envelope and the car is at the parking lot of the apartment. It is a metallic grey car. Also, I left a credit card in the envelope for you to use. The money will be drawn from my bank account.

I'm so sorry Darlin'.

Love Jasper.

I looked inside the envelope and found the things he had mentioned in the letter. I couldn't believe that he had left. I went to the bathroom to wash up for bed.

That night, I cried myself to sleep.

Next day....

I drove to school today. It was a real life saver for me. I parked the car and walked inside the school. As I was walking into my first class, the teacher stopped me. "Oh Beverly. You are to go to the principal office," he told me.

{Why?} I walked to the principal office. I knocked at the door and opened it. "Ah Mis Melrone. Please come in," he said. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. "Is everything alright," I asked nervously. He walked over to me with something in his hand.

He took my left hand and placed a roll of paper. He took my right hand and shook it. "Congratulations. You are graduated," he said. I was surprised and shocked. 'Wha...what do you mean?" I asked confused. "Well the test that you took last week showed that you exceeded our expectations and you have already gotten all the credits that you need," he said. I nodded my head with confusion. He gave me everything that I needed.

He dismissed me and I walked to my locker. I cleared my locker. First period ended and I was still clearing my locker out. "Beverly whats wrong?" I heard. I turned to see Bella. "Oh um...I graduated early," I said to her. "Congratulation," she said with a weak smile. "I'll visit later okay," I said and closed the locker. I walked to the car and drove home. I didn't have work today.

In October, I visited Bella often. She looked so lost without Edward. She would stare out of the window. I tried to cheer her up the best I could, but it didn't seem like enough. I had so much time since I had no school. I didn't have contact with Jasper. Bella didn't have contact with Alice or anyone but, me.

It was now November. I was at my desk looking at the letter. It was bugging me since I got it. I thought it was really time for me to find out about my family's secret. I did have the time now. The diner gave me two months off and I paid extra for the rent in advance. I cleared the refrigerator so nothing rot while I was gone.

I called Bella to let her know that I was going on a trip for a while, but I would call her everyday. I packed my stuff and put it inside the trunk of the car. I went into the car and started my engine.

My journey starts here.