Prologue

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

&@@@$&@@$$&@

My hands started to shake. I heard the rattle of the letter. I haven't heard from Brent for so long. I started to read the letter.

Dear Eve,

I'm so sorry for not getting custody of you. I recently confronted Uncle. He told me that he kicked you out of the house. I tried looking for you all over Texas and California. I hope that you are alright. Alot had happen since I lost custody of you. To let you know. I have gotten married and have two children. You are an aunt. They are twins, Derek and Sandy. They are four years old right now. Your sister-in-law is Dawn. They all hope to see you one day. Hopefully in the near future.

We are currently living in California. I will leave the address at the back of this letter. Also, I will put my email address at the back as well. Your nephew and niece want to have some contact with you. I think it is best.

This letter isn't about me. It is about you. Now its to time to reveal to you about our family deepest secret. You are not to tell anyone, not even your friends or anyone closest to you. Before our parents death, they left you something at a bank in Texas. It is about our family's deepest secret. I wrote the address behind this letter. Nobody is to read this letter but, you. Hide this letter.

It is time for you to know Eve. This will change your life forever.

Until you know the full story about our family, I will not meet with you. Until then, be safe and check it out.

Love Brent.

I set the letter down on my desk. I was trying to process everything that was written in the letter. I was confused and a bit curious.

"What does he mean our family's deepest secret," I whispered.