New Year's Day

candle wax and polaroids on the hardwood floor, you and me forevermore....

(or the one where they start the new year together)

•••

Harry has red lipstick on his neck with a flute of champagne in his right hand, the prettiest girl in the world hanging off his left, and he's sure he's never felt so happy.

At the beginning of this year, Harry wasn't sure what he's was going to do.

His mom had been pressuring him to find love (he did!), he wasn't taking complete care of himself, and he was keeping all his feelings bottled up in fear that whoever he told them to would judge him. He wasn't sure if he was happy waking up everyday knowing that there could be a better version of himself walking around in his place.

But then, this clumsy beautiful girl came into his life and turned his whole world upside down.

Said girl was currently a little too smilely as she sipped on her third glass of the very expensive champagne her friends had brought along to her house to ring in the new year.

Her black silk dress (custom by Marc Jacobs, of course) had one of the straps falling down her left shoulder as she took a break from her sipping to press a quick peck to her boyfriend's neck once again.

The red Nars lipstick she wore was driving Harry crazy every time he saw it smeared on his neck and cheek even going down towards his chest, and her eyes were coated in the nicest Dior mascara there was. Her eyes held a certain glint to them as she smiled at the look of her lipstick on her boyfriend's neck, her lips releasing a little giggle before listening to friends conversations once again.

Harry doesn't want to think what he would've become had this girl full of light hadn't come into his shop those months ago. All he knows is that she did, and here they are seven months later.

Dating, in love (they haven't said the words yet, but they both know they feel it) and dressed to the nines celebrating New Year's with all their closest friends.

"Y/N and Harry, get your asses over here, we're taking New Year's polaroids!" one of Y/N's friends called (Devon, he thinks).

Y/N took one final sip from her glass before grabbing Harry's hand with a grin saying a soft, "Let's go."

Harry's sure he'd walked to hell if she asked.

The first pictures they took were pretty basic, Harry and Y/N wearing glasses with 2020 across them, big grins on both of their faces as Harry had his arms around Y/N's waist. Once the classic pictures were out of the way Y/N took matters into her own hands by grabbing the camera and Harry's hand and dragging him to kitchen.

"Need some pictures of just the two of us," Y/N said to Harry once she saw the confusion written across his face. "Give me that wig, please." she asked, leading Harry to turn behind himself to give the girl the bubble gum pink bob wig she'd requested. Once Y/N had it on securely (pretty good for someone who was pretty drunk) she grabbed Harry's arms to wrap around her shoulders, his face nuzzling into her hair as she grabbed the camera from the counter once again.

"What're you doing, baby?" Harry asked from the girls neck, pressing a kiss to the skin after he spoke.

"We're taking a selfie, maybe I'll frame it or something," she replied as she made sure she angled the camera right. "Okay, pose!" she squealed as she pressed the button to take the picture.

Y/N couldn't help but close her eyes with a grin as she felt Harry tightened his arms around her shoulders and press a sweet kiss to her cheek. The pair continued to take a few pictures, some solo ones of Y/N pretending to sing and kiss her champagne flute, and then more of the two.

After taking what felt like a hundred pictures, Harry and Y/N decided to rifle through all of them and pick their favorites.

"I like this one," Y/N spoke as she picked up a photo that showed Y/N feeding Harry a spoon of ice cream, a grin on her face as she watched him and his focus solely on the spoon before him.

"That one's nice, but I think this one's my favorite," Harry said as he picked up his own picture. The photo was taken by Kaia and Harry can't say his heart didn't flutter when he saw it in the stack. The photo showed Harry and Y/N in colorful wigs (Y/N still in her pink one from earlier while Harry opted for a green one that fit his head quite nicely) as Y/N had an arm wrapped across Harry's back while she pressed a kiss to his cheek. Harry simply smiled in the photo as he had a glass of champagne in his hand, his side profile on full display.

"Aw, that one's so cute! Should frame it and hang it on the wall at the shop!" Y/N said as she reached for the picture to examine to for herself. Quickly she was looking in different drawers for a sharpie when she finally found one and decided to write on the white piece of the picture.

(12/31/19) Y/N n Harry
forevermore xx

Harry smiled as he saw the words his girlfriend scribbled on the photo in her sloppy yet beautiful handwriting, his arm snaking across her waist to press a kiss to her lips. The girl hummed into the kiss, only indulging him for a moment before pulling away to admire his beautiful face as she rested their foreheads against each others.

"My lipstick is everywhere on you," Y/N mumbled to her boyfriend, her lips forming a little pout. "I'm getting you messy."

"It's not a problem, baby. Quite like having your lipstick on me, shows that I'm yours. Almost as if you were marking your territory, you know?" Harry mumbled as he pressed a kiss to her pout. She was just way too fucking cute for his own good.

"I like showing people you're mine." she mumbled into his neck as she nuzzled her face there, pressing another red stained kiss.

"Yeah, like showing me off baby?" Harry teased with a squeeze to her hips, laughing to himself when he heard her whine a stopp (though he could feel a smile on her lips). "I'm just teasing baby, you know I like showing you off too. No wonder we took like a thousand pictures, we both some needy fellows, eh?"

Y/N nodded her head just as the countdown to the new year began, her grin growing when she heard her friends counting down.

Harry's not sure how he got here. Standing in what he believes is the nicest kitchen in the world, the girl of his dreams is wrapped in his arms with her lipstick covering most of his visible skin, and leaning down to kiss the most perfect lips in the world for the time in the new year.

"Happy new year's, baby." he mumbled against her lips.

"Happy new year's, H." she smiled.

"It's you and me forevermore, yeah?" he asked as he brushed some of her hair behind her ear, pressing a peck to her cheek.

"Forever and ever."

•••

y/ny/l/nupdates

officialy/n, laurieintheflesh, devonleecarlson, and 173,738 others liked•y/ny/l/n/updates: um did anyone else notice this in the back of taylor's new year's post?!? that's y/n kissing a guys cheek!! harry?!?•

y/ny/l/n/updates: um did anyone else notice this in the back of taylor's new year's post?!? that's y/n kissing a guys cheek!! harry?!?

nialltheirishlad: harryes94 nice job man ;)