Hopeful that she would not humiliate herself in front of his friend, she couldn't help but think about the fact that she's never really heard much of the anonymous person. Reassuring herself multiple times that this day would go okay, she headed out of the condo.

.

It was around 8 when people started to get into their cars to drive down to the desinated location. From what Levi had told her, she knew this would be a party-filled to the brim with the amount of people that were going. It was a luxurious mansion located near Beverly Hills whose owners were filthy rich with money. And from what Aspen's friend had told her, the daughter of those parents used to attend the same school as the two.

Aspen thought about getting into her own car to drive, but immediately put the idea down after reminding herself that if she were to drink tonight, she wouldn't want to risk anything like getting into an accident.

Getting into an Uber, she gave the middle-aged man the address and he gladly took her there. As she sat there staring at the passing road, she began to text Levi.

Aspen: Heading out right now. Text me when you're there :)

Levi: I'll be late to the party, I apologize but something came up.

Aspen: What will I do when your gone? I can't be having a staring contest with random objects around the house.

Levi: Just wait for me, I'll be there shortly. She already texted me that she was here. Why don't you guys hit it off in the meantime ;)

This clearly didn't not ease her mind as she suddenly realized that she would be alone in a room filed with strangers. And the worst part? She knew absolutely no one, including the face of Levi's 'supposed friend.' She was starting to think it was an imaginary friend.

Aspen: You didn't tell me how she looks like, what's she's wearing, nor what her name is.

Staring at her phone, Aspen was waiting for a response. Minutes later and she was still met with nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even when she got out of the car and checked once again, her message was even then being left on delievered. She had no idea she had to be Dora tonight, with the way she had to navigate her way to find someone she didn't even know in the first place.

Letting out an exhale, she made sure to remind herself to get even the next time they hung together.

.

Walking up the steps leading to the glass doors, she opened them to reveal many bodies moving around the dance floor moving in sync to the upbeat music. While many were dancing to the sound of music, others were at the corners talking to their friends. There was a big space that looked to be the living room which was decorated with many people on the couch. Also an area that was dedicated for people who were doing drugs. From weed to cocaine, name it, and someone was there using it.

Above her was a crystal chandelier hanging gracefully with shine.  Two staircases were on either side. If she looked straight ahead, the ginormous kitchen greeted her with a selection of food and drinks, which may have been spiked by now.

Not knowing where to go, Aspen walked over to stand in the corner of the room praying that Levi would get his ass over here by now. Looking around she was met with many stares. But one that captivated her was a pair of hazel eyes. She noticed this girl was sitting around many other people on the couch, and in her hand; a rolled joint.

The nameless girl had silky black mid-length hair, a strong defined nose with lips that looked soft as clouds. With tight fitting jeans that accentuated her curves to a black top with thin straps wrapping around that hugged her slender body, it made her look beyond gorgeous. From the flashing lights around her, Aspen could see that she was also staring at her with a heated gaze. Tingles shot up through her entire body and left her shivering in the warm atmosphere of the room. She seemed to have a sultry aura around her.

The girl pulled her stare away when some random stranger sat on her lap and pulled her face away from Aspen's gaze. Not wanting to stare any longer, she decided to go back out the front door once again.

.

It seemed like Levi was going to be a no show. She had been waiting for at least half an hour, maybe even more and she was starting to get frusterated. She texted him multiple times and in response was that he was now going to be heading there. Sighing, she looked up to see a pair of legs walking over to her.

Looking away, she realized it was the same person that was staring at her earlier. She was praying that she wasn't walking to her but someone nearby. Although she knew that she was the only one isolated in this small area of land.

When Aspen looked above, she was met with a wide grin. Although she wanted to say something, nothing seemed to come out of her small gaping mouth. She was so grateful when the girl decided to start the conversation.

"Hey, you're Aspen right? I'm Valentina," she said with a warming smile. A smile that had Aspen turning into puddy.

When Aspen's name rolled off her her tongue, she gulped. She figured the person across her could hear it, as well as the beating heart that was caged up in her chest. She hadn't felt like this in forever.

"Nice to meet you Valentina," Aspen responded lamely.

While Aspen was thinking of what the next words were going to fall from her lips, what she didn't know were the dark thoughts coming from the person standing opposite her.

Standing right before Valentina's eyes was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. She was entranced by the beauty before her eyes. Thinking about it now, beautiful seemed to be an understatement. She was more of a goddess perhaps.

"I saw you earlier and just thought to tell you that I thought you were very pretty."

With a blush forming on Aspen's cheeks, she replied lamely with a 'thank you.' But not before complimenting Valentina back on how good her outfit looked on her.

That was when she realized that she never told the girl across from her, her name. She was confused and wished that she wasn't a stalker of sorts. Out of curiosity she had to ask Valentina.

Valentina then explained that she was a friend of Levi's and he had called her a couple minutes ago telling her that Aspen was already at the party and would love some company which led to her searching the house for a specific blue-eyed girl.

It was hard considering Levi's description of Aspen described many other girls around. A wavy blonde haired girl with a slim figure, wearing a tight dress and icy blue eyes. It took a while to find her but Aspen gave her props for doing it.

"I was about to give up finding you but I guess fate decided to pull us together," Valentina said with a small chuckle. With a grin that pulled the corners of Aspen's mouth who found her joke funny, she finally replied with "I guess it did."

.

What both Valentina and Aspen didn't know was that this was only the beginning of their love story. But don't get ahead of yourself and remember, not all stories have their happy endings, but with a little push and hope, they can both make it out alive. Hopefully.

.

a/n: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Next one will have more interactions between both characters, (sorry if this didn't live up to your expectations but maybe the next chapter will). Leave suggestions and things you wanna see in future chapters down in the comments! See you next time <3