Chapter 5- The Food Court

Start from the beginning

'He didn't? The only one.. Even his Papyrus did it..?'

I'm speechless. Being sensible, I realize how much pressure Horror must've been under in his Au. The things he had to watch and do, to the extent of painful starvation. Things went quiet for a while, until I heard Classic Pap's voice ring in the background, shouting some things.

[Sorry N/N, I got to go. Don't be so harsh on Horror, okay? He's trying his best.]

"I got it... Bye.." I hang up the phone and sigh.

"Hey." I completely lose focus and flinch, seeing Horror right beside me.

'How long was he there?!'

"Blue found some more outfits. Thinks he's gonna be here a while so he said we could take a look at some other stores." Horror explains, keeping solid eye contact with the floor.

I feel guilty, now knowing information that completely changes my opinion of him. "H-Hey.. um.. I have an idea of some things we can do. Come on.."

Horror walks ahead of me, leaving through the entrance of the store.

'He's going to get himself lost-'

I catch up with him and hurriedly tug on his sleeve, "Horror, wait. You're going the wrong way." "I didn't ask to be here. I don't care. I'm going back to the car." He mumbles with a small growl, trying to walk away again.

I move my hand downwards and intertwine my fingers with his, stopping him. Blush appears on my cheeks as he looks to me in confusion and shock. I startled him.

I turn away, embarrassed, but I keep a tight grip on his hand, "You didn't eat breakfast. I didn't either. You're probably agitated because you're hungry, right? It's going to be lunch soon anyway so we should get something to eat. The food court should be near here. I'll make sure to text Blue a meet-up point. Please, don't give up yet."

I hear him sigh, "Okay...." I let out a breath of relief, tugging him along to follow me, "What are we waiting for?! Come on!"

(~Small Time Skip~)

Horror got more excited about this than I originally expected. He gasps almost every time he sees something new. Before we knew it, he had bought something from every restaurant in the food court.

Having so much food, we had no other choice but to share. Except my (f/f) meal, no way he's getting that. Thank god that there was a place that sold it in here. We sit amongst the dining area and open up all the bags and containers of food we've collected.

Horror inspects a piece of pizza in absolute awe, "What is this?!" I giggle at him, explaining, "That's pizza." "What do humans make it out of?" He asks, taking a bite.

I think about it, "Well, it's a bread crust, then some type of tomato or pasta sauce on top. Then they cover and bake it with toppings like cheese, vegetables, meat, and even fruit. There's all types of combinations you can do now." "It'S aMaZInG!" He shouts, taking another large bite.

I playfully roll my eyes, "Come on. There's no way you didn't have pizza where you came from." "I don't know... I guess I didn't really pay attention to menus." He responds and puts his pizza slice down, his mood dropping too.

'Ah dang it! You shouldn't talk about that!'

I look over more of the plates and grin, "Hey- try this!" I hand him a plate of sushi rolls. He looks at it, curious and perking up again, "What is this?" "Sushi. A combination of items rolled up in a layer of rice and seaweed. It looks like your roll has some... hm.. wait a minute.." I take a roll and taste it, now I'm sure.