Chapter 11

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared up at the guy. He was looking at me intently, smiling away. Who was he? He was cute, with dark brown hair and green eyes. I felt self conscious and quickly looked away, blushing. I looked over at Seth, but he looked kind of irritated. Seth then spoke up. "Mason." He warned. Mason perked up at the mention of his name. He shook his head and looked over at Seth. "Hey my man Seth, how have you been?" He was grinning wryly. Seth smiled. "Pretty good. We were just on a DATE." He emphasized the date part. Mason took notice. "Oohhhhhh. It's a date now is it?" He moved his eyebrows suggestively at me and Seth punched him in the arm. "Hey! What was that for?" He complained, fake rubbbing his elbow. "Mason, you know I"m glad to see you but we're kind of in the middle of something." Wait, how did Seth even know this Mason dude? "Um Seth," I asked, confused. "Who's your friend here?" I nodded my head towards Mason, never taking my eyes off of Seth. "Oh, I'm sorry honey. This is Mason. We've been friends for a long time." He shrugged his shoulders, like it was no big deal.

Mason spoke up. "More like best friends since we've been born." He laughed, punching Seth in the arm. Seth mumbled something like "Yeah, something like that." but I couldn't be sure if that's what he said or not. "Who's your babe here?" Mason asked Seth. "My GIRLFRIEND has a name, Mason. It's Violet." I gave him a small wave, embarrased. "Hi." I replied shyley. "Well, it's verrrrry nice to meet you Violet." He grinned at me, only making me blush more. "Look at that blush!" He teased pointing at me. "Mason. Shut up." Seth told him, sounding annoyed. "Now are you going to keep standing there?" He asked Mason. "Well, I was actually wondering if I could sit with you two." Mason said happily.

Seth and I looked at each other, having a silent conversation from across the table. Seth shook his head no, but I just shrugged my shoulders. I actually kind of liked Mason. He was such a jokester. He reminded me of Will, the class clown in my class. Seth stared at me for a long moment before surrendering. "Fine" He said emotionless. "You can sit with us." Mason looked happy, and ignored Seth's unenthusiastic attitude. He slid in by me, his leg touching mine. My leg tingled where his touched mine. Seth glared at him. "Mason, if you want to sit with us that's fine, but you sit over here." His voice was firm and commanding. He pointed to the space beside him. "Awww, come on Seth! Please!" Mason begged him. "No." Seth's voice was uncompromising and final. Mason frowned and moved over by Seth.

We all started eating, and there was silence. I filled it by asking Mason, "Are you going to eat anything?" He gave me an amused look before replying, " Nope, I ate before I got here." "So Mason, why are you here?" Seth asked him. "Well, I decided that I would take a little road trip on the coast. I've been driving from town to town for the past week. I arrived here today and saw this restaurant and decided to come in. And then I ran into you two." He smiled, seeming satisfied with his explanation. "So, I've been looking for a hotel room for tonight. Do you have any suggestions?" Seth and I instantly looked at each other. I mouthed to him, "should I tell him?" Seth shrugged his shoulders before mouthing back, "why not?" Mason looked back and forth between us, seeming annoyed. "Uggh, what are you two saying now? You always have all these telephathic conversations." I laughed and ignored his question, instead saying, "Mason, would you like to stay where Seth and I are staying?" His eyes widened, and he pointed between the two of us, seeming unsure of what to say. "You two are staying in the same hotel?" Oh, shoot, he was getting the wrong idea. "No, no , no!" I assured him quickly. "What I'm trying to say is my family and I own a bed and breakfast about twenty minutes from here. Seth's staying there. Would you like to stay there too?" He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Seth nudged Mason. "Come on, Mason, you don't have to debate it so long. It's not like you're short on cash."

Seth gave Mason a knowing look. What was that comment supposed to mean? "True" Mason said. "Yeah, that'd be cool." He smiled. Seth spoke up. "After we're done eating you can follow us. We're heading back afterwards anyways." Mason nodded his head, agreeing. "Sure." We ate the rest of our meal fairly quickly.

After we had exited the restaurant we had to wait for Mason to get his car. The weather was plesant. I sighed happily and laid my head against Seth's chest. He kissed my hair before saying into my ear, "Violet, I'm really sorry about Mason. He kind of just showed up and ruined our date." Annoyance was in his voice. "Well, it happens right? And we would have been rude saying he couldn't sit with us. Plus I know he's your friend and I know if you like him I should give him a chance." I smiled up at him. He grinned back deviously, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "You give me too much credit." He cooed, before kissing me. He pulled back, and said, " And I'll make sure we have plenty of private, uninterrupted dates." He winked at me. "I'd like that." I smiled up at him and leaned up against him. I felt completely contempt as Seth and I waited for Mason to show up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think of Mason so far? Do you like him? Again,thanks for reading and for all the support! :)