Chapter 8

Thanks for reading!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 We eventually made it to the parking lot. Seth led me to a silver lamborghini. I stopped in my tracks. Seth was yanked back; I was still holding his hand. He looked at me confused. "What is it, Violet?" He asked me, getting the car keys out of his jeans pocket. "This is your CAR?!" I emphasized the word car. "Yeah," he said, looking confused. "You own a lamborghini!?!" I still couldn't believe it.

My whole life I had always dreamed of owning a lamborghini. Although I knew I'd never own one, at least I now knew I would get to do the next best thing; be in one. "What's the problem?" "Nothing." Snap out of it, Violet. Just think of it like you would think of your '98 toyota corolla. Ha, yeah right! I suddenly got an idea. "Hey Seth?" "Yeah?" "Would it be okay if we took my car instead? It might be less attention-grabbing. You know what I mean." I tugged on his hand, willing him to follow me. I don't know why, but for some reason being in that car made me nervous. I didn't want people staring at me and in that car, I knew people would. He studied my face, but reluctantly agreed. "Awesome! I said, pulling him to where my car was parked. He stopped me mid stride. I  was pulled back, and would have fallen if he hadn't grabbed me before I hit the ground. "What the-"  Seth kissed me while he cradled me in his arm. I lost my train of thought, and all I could think about was his warm lips on mine, and they way they moved together in synchornization.

When Seth pulled back, I forced myself to again focus. "Silly girl" Seth laughed, touching the tip of my nose with his finger and setting me upright again. "Did you think I would give in that easily? I thought you knew me better than that." He smiled and didn't know what to say, he was so distracting, it wasn't fair. "I-uh-you." I stammered, sounding like an idiot. I shut up before I could make a bigger fool out of myself than I already was. "I get to drive." He said, his voicing ringing finality. What, no way was I letting him drive Cory (that's the nickname I gave to my car.) "No" I said, trying to put up a confident facade. I didn't fool him. He leaned in again, kissing me quickly. "Wait what was I saying no to again?" He smiled, sensing an early victory. "Oh right. I'm still driving, Seth." "Well, okay," he said, looking down at his feet. "Then we get to drive my car." He gestured towards the lamborghini. "So here's the deal. Either I get to drive your car, or we drive in my car." I tried to think of something smart say, but couldn't think of anything. "You're not budging on this, are you?" I asked, sighing. "Nope," he grinned. I knew I had been defeated. "Fine, here's my keys. You can drive." I mumbled. "What did you say?" he asked, leaning towards me and cupping his hand to his ear. "I SAID YOU CAN DRIVE!! Yeash, are you happy now?" I asked him, sticking my tongue out at him.

He just laughed, and I led him to my car. We reached Cory. "Well, this is it." I said, grandly gesturing toward my junky car. " I know it's no lamborghini, but..." I shrugged. Seth unlocked the car, and we both got inside. Geez, it had to be like 100 degrees in this thing! I turned up the air conditioner to full blast and started fanning myself with my hand."Oh come on, it's not that bad." Seth said, laughing. I looked over to see he had put on a pair of ray ban sunglasses and looked totally relaxed. "Yes, it is." I complained. Seth turned on the engine. "To Parkville!" I said.

We started driving and luckily, it started to get cooler. I was able to stop using my hand as a fan. But as I sat there, I couldn't help thinking about how gullible I'd been. I shouldn't have given into Seth so easily. I told myself I would work on my compromising skills in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry this chapter is short and kind of uneventful. I hope you still enjoyed it though!