Chapter 3

Thanks to everyone who's read my story and has voted or commented! Thanks for waiting for me to upload. I'm sorry it took so long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the house fairly quickly. I took off my flip flops and traded them for a pair of ballet flats before heading inside. I looked back to see if Seth was still behind me. Yep. He still had  that cute, annoying smirk on his face. When he noticed me staring at him... again..... he smiled. "What?" he questioned. I felt myself blush. Darn it, he'd caught me. "Nothing. Just making sure you were still there." Wow, I just sounded like an idiot. He got a mischievous look on his face, which then turned thoughtful. "You know what? I think you keep turning around because you like me." He nodded his head, seeming satisfied, and folded his arms across his chest. I instantly caught my breath. "Wha-how-why would you think that?" I finished lamely. "Hmm... well" He said thoughtfully. " One, every time you look at me you blush. Two, you turn back to look at me every five minutes." He started counting the resons on his fingers. "Three, you-" "Okay stop!" I shouted, mortified. "You got your point across." I couldn't believe he was being so direct. He smiled at me before taking a step closer. "But it's okay, because I like you too." He was so close to me. I could feel the heat of his body. His chocolate brown eyes were boring into mine, looking into my soul. Our faces were mere inches from each other. I couldn't stop staring into his eyes, they were so hypnotizing.

The moment was broken when I heard my mom yell "Violet?! Is that you?" I shook my head, breaking my eye contact with Seth. I gathered my thoughts before shouting back "Yeah, I'll be in in just a second!" I looked back at Seth, saying "Are you ready?" He didn't say anything, just nodding.

I led the way into the sitting room, where my parents and his were still sitting. When Mr. and Mrs. Westerfeld saw Seth they both smiled. "What took you so long, son?" Mr. Westerfeld asked. "Did you get lost? I'm glad this girl here found you!" He started to laugh, and then Mrs. Westerfeld and my parents soon followed. That girl? Um excuse me, but I have a name! I looked at Seth. He looked embarrased, and he had a MAJOR blush! When he saw me staring, he just blushed harder and looked away, suddenly interested with the floor. When they were done laughing Mrs. Westerfeld commented, " Well, dear, I'm glad you're back now. Why don't you come sit down?" She motioned for him to sit down, which he did promptly.

I stood standing there awkwardly until Seth patted the seat next to him, which was unoccupied. I instantly blushed. Oh my gosh, you have got to stop doing that, I scolded myself. I quickly sat down, sitting as far away as was possible on the small couch. I still felt uncomfortable about what had happened between me and Seth before my mom interrupted. What had happened? Was he going to kiss me? I found myself spacing out during the conversation. I was distracted and didn't contribute much to the conversation.  I noticed, with relief, that Seth didn't say much throughout the conversation either. He only talked when asked a direct question and I did the same.

Pretty soon, the conversation wrapped up and it was time for my parents and I to show the Westerfelds to their suites. We all made our way up the stairs, my mom and dad carrying Mr. and Mrs. Westerfeld's bags. I was about to grab Seth's bag, but he grabbed my hand. "I've got it. A lady shouldn't have to carry someone's bag." He gave me an adorable, goofy grin. I briefly thought about my mom, who was a lady, who had to carry Mr. and Mr. Westerfeld's bags.

My mom and dad led the Westerfelds to their master suite at the end of the hall while I led Seth to his suite, which was at the other end of the hall. I opened the door, and gestured for him to enter. He obliged. When he had laid his bags on the king size bed, I handed him the key to his room. As I was handing him the key, I noticed that his hand lingered on mine a moment longer than necessary. There  was an awkward silence. "So..." I said, filling in the silence "If you need anything my mom, dad and I are downstairs. Just call the lobby if you have any problems." I gestured toward the number by the telephone. I felt stupid reciting the routine hotel speech, but I continued on. "Breakfast is served from 8:00 until 10:00. Lunch is served 11:00 until 1:00 and dinner is served 5:00 until 8:00."

I was about to continue, but he was staring at me with an odd expression on his face. I stopped, self-conscious. "What?" I said, embarassed. He grinned. "Nothing" he replied, smiling. "You just draw me to you in a way no girl ever has before." He continued staring at me, taking a step closer. I unconsciously took a step toward him too. Before I knew it, we were only about a foot from each other. I kept looking at his lips, wondering what it would be like to kiss them. I found myself longing for their touch on mine. "You're so beautiful, Violet" He murmered gently before leaning down towards me. His lips briefly touched mine before he pulled back. I didn't want him to stop. I found myself leaning toward him, trying to reach his lips again. He chuckled. " What did I do wrong?" I asked sadly. "Oh, nothing" he quickly assured me. "Quite the opposite in fact. I was afraid if I didn't stop when I did that I wouldn't be able to." What's wrong with that, I found myself thinking. I would have liked it. Then I caught myself thinking, what's wrong with you Violet? You just met this guy, you should get to know him better before you start making out with him. "Oh, okay." I replied. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

I started to head towards the door, but he stopped me, grabbing my wrist with his hand. "Wait!" he called. I turned around to see him only a foot away from me. Wow, those chocolate eyes sure were something else. I forced myself to concentrate. "Do you want to hang out sometime? Maybe we could go to the beach together sometime?" He was staring at me, evaluating. l looked him straight in the eyes, grinning wildly in spite of myself, saying " Sure I'd love to!" He let go of my wrist, smiling a radiant smile that made my heart grin. He let go of my wrist and I left his room.

In a daze, I walked to my room. I went into my bathroom. I needed some time to think. I suddenly remembered what Seth had said right before he had kissed me. "You're so beautfiul, Violet." He had said. I had a hard time believing him. I thought I might have heard wrong, but after playing it back in my mind, I was sure that was what he'd said. "You're so beautiful, Violet."

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I saw two wide, blue eyes staring back at me. The girl in the mirror looked excited and happy. Her gently dark brown hair went halfway down her back. I studied myself hard. Was I pretty? Maybe. Was I beautiful? No way. Although, when I looked hard enough, there was a certain something about her. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was defiently something special and unique about her. I took a shower, feeling satisfied and relaxed.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I served guests dinner, cleaned up afterwards, made a few room calls, and went to bed. I didn't see Seth the rest of the day. I was relieved. I still needed time to sort out my thoughts with him. As I lain in bed that night, I thought back over all the day's events. Everything had happened in a blur. When I remembered the kiss between Seth and I, I smiled, thought by then I was already nearing unconsciousness. My last thought before going to bed was excitement about getting to see Seth again.