Chapter 26 (Jealous)

Start from the beginning

"You can't even protect her properly. Are you sure you don't need my help?" he sarcastically asked while grinning.

"Why can't you protect her though?" he asked again and his smirk go wider. "Oh right. You can't protect her because you were already or should I say, you were busy protecting someone. Someone that is more important than her for you, am I right?" he asked and I glared at him. Anger is slowly building inside me.

"You know nothing." I said while greeting my teeth.

"I know everything, Lim." he said casually like he was confident that he's right.

"Ten months is isn't enough for you to know everything." I fired back.

"No, you're wrong. I have just been with her for only I guess one or two months when we are in Japan." he answered which made my brows furrowed.

'So they aren't have been together for all of those months that she was away?'

"Did you knew the reason why we haven't have contacts for the past few months?" he asked and I remain silent.

'Should they have contacts for the past months? Tss. They aren't even that close.'

"No? Well she left because she was sick." he said that made me stiffed.

'She's what?'

"Oh, so you really don't know. Pity." he said when he saw my expression. I immediately stare at him emotionless so he can't read me anymore.

"You're lying." I said firmly and he just laugh again. He took out his phone and played something before making me face his cellphone. Suddenly, I heard a familiar and weak voice coming from the voice mail he have played.

"Uh, Hun-Hunter... I-I'll be gone for I think mo-months... I uhh I'm si-sick... I hope you'll take ca-care of yourself... See yo-you soon... Bye!"

He placed his phone on his pocket and stared at me again. Playfulness is now gone in his eyes and it was replaced by anger.

"Did you knew that I often hear her sobs when she taught that she was already alone? Did you knew how hurt she was when she flew to Japan just to get away from you? Did you knew how hard it is for her to stop her tears from falling down when she was facing us? Did you know how hard it is for her to form a smile when she is being surrounded by people? Did you knew?" sunod sunod na tanong niya and he let out a smirk because of annoyance when I kept silent. "Of course you don't. You were busy protecting that girl named Angeline." he said and I remain emotionless but inside, I'm already wrecked.

"Did you even know the reason why she left?" he continue asking. "It's because that night, that night when you chose Angeline instead of her." he answered.

"Did you even know what happened that night when you left her?" he continued asking while greeting his teeth. My brows furrowed because of what he have said.

'What happened that night?'

I want to ask him that question but I chose to remain silent while waiting for him to answer his own question.

"The building was attacked." he finally answered his own question that made me stiffed.

'The... The building was attacked?'

My breathing became heavy as guilt is slowly eating me.

'I shouldn't have left! Darn!'

My lips parted but I ended up closing it. He was just watching my reaction, observing me. I secretly sighed and look straight into his eyes.

"And you knew because you were there?" I finally manage to speak. "Not as an ally but as an enemy." I continued and smirked when he stiffed.

"You were still the Lucas I know back then." he suddenly said that made my burrows furrowed.