04 : 𝖩𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒, 𝖩𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒

Start from the beginning

It struck me. I felt terrible. In some sense, I figured that it might have been because of me ignoring him. I did try to pitch my side, but he's gotten sick of it. He wouldn't care to listen anymore.

"Don't I have any responsibilities this week, Lady Hyunseul?"

"According to this list, no, My Lord."

"I beg to differ."

The two of them halted and faced me. Lady Jungyeon rolled her parchment and crossed her arms. Lady Hyunseul smiled innocently. I held a firm stance. Soobin's eyes diverted on me— as they should.

"You have a pile of duties to work on for the next three days." I stated. "A few of which concerns our armed forces."

"I see." His eyes twinkled in dismay. "I thought I could at least take a break."

"You're an Emperor. It is your job to submit to these duties with diligence and compassion, Soobin."

"Right."

"Where were you anyway?" I questioned. "I was about to send Lady Jungyeon to summon you. Mama and papa will be here soon."

"I'm aware of that." He rolled his eyes sideways. "I came to see Lady Hyunseul for a light conversation."

I raised a brow. "What for?"

"Well, how good would it be to start your day with enthusiasm rather than dullness, correct?"

Lady Hyunseul lowered her head in fluster. I clenched my fists. A slight tug on my heartstrings made my lips twitch. Soobin glanced up the ceiling to avoid my glare. He did not just prefer to have a laugh with this lady.

How dare he.

"Lady Hyunseul and I will be at the gazebo."

"I beg your pardon?"

"We still have a few things left to talk about, Y/N. Do excuse us."

I stepped down my throne to follow them. "You are not going anywhere, Soobin!"

"And why is that?" He faced me, agitated. "Y/N, it's way too early for this."

"You stay in this room with me, so we could welcome your parents together. If you're concerned about your duties, you can have Lady Jungyeon dictate them for you as we wait."

"Y/N," he held my shoulders. "You act as if I'm going far away; it's unreasonable. There's nothing wrong with talking to a court member outside. If you want, you can call me when my parents are here."

"Soobin—"

"After you, Lady Hyunseul."

He gestured his companion to go before him. He abruptly tailed. I clasped on my robes in frustration, lips calling back his name.

"Soobin, you're being a handful!" I leaned towards a pillar as dizziness fully took over me. "Agh.."

"Your Majesty!" Lady Jungyeon scurried. "Please, have a seat. This is too much for you to handle."

Creek!

"Your Majesty." Lady Dalja called. "They're here."

I cracked a smile and straightened up. "Excellent."