No reason.

Stay out of trouble love you.

Unknown to Barry that Emily was enjoying the fact that he was late to work today and had won a $5 bet against her brother.

After slipping his phone back into his pocket and meeting Iris down stairs they left the station and started walking to Star Labs.

"So, Barry, how was your trip?" Iris asks, starting up a small conversation. 

"Did you find proof of the impossible in starling city, or did you just make my dad mad for no reason?" She teases.

"Actually, while I was away, I had a chance to think about... You know, relationships. And, well, I'm not in one. And you're not in one, either. And you're my best friend Iris." I told her. Only to get interrupted by Iris.

"You're mine too. Why else would I be here?" She tells me. I try to tell her about my feelings for her but it's pointless. As she keeps going.

"That's not what I meant. What I--" I try to tell her. "I know what you're gonna say, Barry." She tells me and instantly know she doesn't understand what I'm trying to say.

"I'm not sure you do." I try to stop her.

"Even though we pretty much grew up in the same house together, and we're kind of like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward
To talk to me about girls. But I just want you to know that it shouldn't be awkward," she says.

"There is nothing that I want more than for you to meet the right person. That totally loves and adores you for the amazing guy that you are." It hurts a little when she tells me she only thinks of me as a sister but I try not to show it.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I tell her with a smile. "Aw, aren't you glad I know you so well?" She says sweetly, "thank you." I reply, giving her a smile.

"My name is Harrison Wells. Tonight, the future begins. The work my team and I will do here will change our understanding of physics. We'll bring about advancements in power, Advancements in medicine, And trust me, that future Will be here faster than you think." He said starting his speech.

"Oh, hey, my laptop! It's got my dissertation."  Iris said as she tried to find the way the guy who took her laptop went.

"I'm sorry." I tell her chasing after the thief. I chase him into a back alley and he stands In front of me not sure what to do.

"All right, kid, you don't have to do this, all right?
Just give me back my friend's bag, and we'll call it even. Okay?" I ask only to get punched in the face. I fall back holding my nose. I see a red substance on my hand and know my nose is bleeding.

"Barry!" Iris comes into the alleyway looking at me worriedly. "Are you okay?" She asks seeing my bloody nose. "Yeah." I tell her trying to not make her worry.

"Freeze! Police!" We hear and turn to see a guy.

"Or do you want to find out the hard way
You're not faster than a bullet?"the mystery guy asks the thief.

~Time skip to when they are in CCPD~

"Who is that guy, and what is he so proud of? So he caught a mugger?" Iris asks she looks from him to me. 

"He's a transfer from keystone. Started a few weeks ago. Eddie Thawne." I tell her.

"Oh, that's detective pretty boy." She says I look at her confused.

"That's what my dad calls him. Says he actually keeps score when it comes to arrests. He is pretty though." I feel a little jealous they hadn't even met yet he got her attention.

I walked back upstairs and went to finish a couple cases. I turned on the small tv I had in my lab and turned on the news hoping to hear about the particle accelerator.

"I'm Linda Park, and we're live outside S.T.A.R. Labs. Despite the inclement weather, which is only going to get worse. The torrential downpour has in no way affected the particle accelerator, which is up and running smoothly. According to S.T.A.R. Labs CEO Harrison Wells." Suddenly Linda stopped and put her hand to her ear before saying.

"The weather has also...    Wait, we're now being told to evacuate the facility. The storm may have caused a malfunction to the primary cooling system. Officials are now trying to shut down the particle accelerator, but so far, have been unable to regain control of the system- -"

That was the last thing I heard as I went to shut the window in my lab. The only thing I saw was a bright yellow light coming my way before everything went black.

Hey guys,

How was the chapter? Sorry for the wait I had to type out every line and then change it to fit my plot.

Luckily I was able to find a website with the script so I could just copy and paste it but change it to match my story so that helped.

I also so this quote and thought it was nice to share with you guys.

Comment, Vote :)

Comment, Vote :)