"That's what I wanna know."I say turning my head to stare back at my ceiling.

"What time is it?"Alex asks sitting up quickly our hands slip away from each other's hold and it's almost like reality dumped an ice cold bucket of water over him.

"Nearly two."I specify sitting up and looking at the clock that rested on my desk.

"I should get going."He says standing quickly before stretching out his arm for me to take after.

After we're both standing he starts heading towards the window.

"Alex."I call.

"Hm"He replied turning back to me his hands opening the window at just a crack before he pauses.

"Take the front door."I laugh not wanting him to do any more physical damage then he'd probably already done.

"Good idea."

I walk behind him as he makes his way down the stairs and down the hallway.

"I'll see you soon."He says turning to look at me before he leaves through my door.

"See you."I murmur my voice softer before he turns and takes his leave.

🌊

"I told you already my red sneakers are ruined!"I speak into my phone.

"what about the black ones?"Emily asks desperation clear in her voice.

"What if I give you the white ones?"I ask her feeling bad for her.

"Those look like nurse shoes."She nags.

"Their tennis shoes"I nearly yell into the floor before going on a manhunt in my closet for a pair of leggings.

"I'll be by your house in five minutes."Emily finally says.

"The keys under the mat."I tell her before ending the call and resting my phone on my desk as I continue searching for the black tights.

I hear the door open and shut down stairs before hearing soft patters on the hallway tiles before the sound of my kitchen pantry being opened and shut.

I roll my eyes at just the sound knowing what it meant.Emily was here.I find my tights lying next to an old box in the back of my closet and am nearly tempted to go through the contents of it before stopping myself and quickly pulling on my pants and rushing downstairs.

"we have a good thirty minutes to get to the hospital before we're late for our shifts."Emily immediately starts just as I enter through the kitchen.

"Then let's go."I tell her grabbing an apple from the fruit basket resting on my dining table.

"Are you seriously going to wear that?"She asks giving me a look over.

"Yeah,what's wrong with it?"I ask looking down at my clothing of choice to see if there was a stain on it or something.

"You look like Gothic teddy bear."She alerts me as I take a bite from my apple.I roll my eyes at her before replying.

"I always dress like this."I tell her,I was wearing a plain black sweatshirt with black leggings and my black sneakers.

"Dakota's gonna think of you as a slob."Emily says walking towards my fridge and pouring herself a glass of orange juice."You think he can take you to the gala?"She asks before taking a sip from her mug.

"I don't think the hospital will let a patient out to go to a high school dance."I retort.

"Isn't he in high school though?"She asks me as if I have the whole 101 on Dakota.