Chapter 6- Trouble

Soda's P.O.V

"Darry we have to find her!" I yelled.

"Soda you have to let her sort out her problems on her own." He said not bothering to look up from his news paper.

I agreed with Darry earlier when she stormed out but that was three hours ago. She could be in jail or jumped by Socs, you never know.

"You know what? I'm going to find her cause that's what she would do for any of us, you can sit there for as long as you want not giving a shit!!! I'M GOING!!!!" I screamed. He glared into his paper, until he sighed and looked up.

"Soda, you are going to keep your ass in this house or I swear to god, you're gonna wish you I put you in that boys home." Pony looked at Darry terrified. I looked at Steve and he nodded at me signaling that he will come with me to search, so did Two-bit and Johnny. Pony just sat there completely scared out of his wits.

I glared at Darry and turned on my heels, running out the door. I heard the boys following me, but I didn't dare look back I just ran and ran.

Avery's P.O.V

Everything was fuzzy and disoriented. But, I remember Dally staying with me the whole time. He glared at any man who looked at me with lustful eyes. After a few hours of dancing and drinking Dally finally convinced me to go with him back to the Curtis'.

I remember it like this...

We walked down the deserted street, Dally held me up right with a strong arm around my waist.

"You know Dal, I really wish I had a pet elephant," I slurred.

"An elephant huh," He said patiently.

"Yeah, A green one with-" I was cut off by a hiccup. "A green one with *hiccup* really big ears like *hiccup* Dumbo."

"Wow that would be some elephant," He said as head lights flashed behind us.

Soda's P.O.V

I was about a three blocks from Buck's when a I heard a blood curdling scream...