Chapter 3- Caught

Avery's P.O.V

Just as our lips met a gasp rung out from behind me.

Soda's head shot up and his eyes widened when he glanced behind me. Fear raced through me. What will the gang think of this? Surely they'll find out now.

I turned around slowly and gulped when I saw Johnny standing in the door way, wide eyed and mouth open.

"I... I just wanted to say goodbye I was gonna go home... Umm," Johnny said quietly as he turned on his heels and walked back inside the house. Soda gave me an uneasy look but, when he saw the fear in my eyes, he gave me a comforting grin.

"They were gonna find out anyway, right?" I nodded nervously. "Come on Ave, it's just the gang."

Gasps sounded from the house, and when Soda lead me inside all eyes were on us, Johnny obviously told them.

Two-bit broke the silence, "So, you two are a thing now?"

The words escaped my mouth before I could stop them, "No, it was just a kiss it meant nothing. I would never date Soda."

The room was silent. I felt Soda flinch at my harsh words.

Panicked and confused I couldn't take the attention, I slipped from Soda's arm around my waist and ran to our room. I sat on the bed held my head in my hands.

What did I just do? I lead him on and then pushed him away.

Soon, tears spilled from my eyes and I didn't try to stop them. I folded my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I sobbed, not caring if the boys could hear me from the living room. I sat there for who knows how long until there was a light knock on the door. I ignored it.

"Avy?" Johnny whispered through the door using my knick name they used to call me when I was younger. "Hey Ave, come on let me in,"

"It's open," I said. The door creaked open and Johnny's skinny body slipped inside.

"How ya doing?" He asked looking at me with pity.

"I didn't mean it, Johnny, I didn't mean to hurt Soda's feelings,"

"I know."

"I really like him. I don't know what I was thinking, I just felt like you guys were being judge mental. I was just felt kinda threatened, you know the gang can get like that sometimes. We're so far apart, but we're so close."

"I know what you mean, sometimes I feel so insecure around them," Johnny whispered.

"Yes, me too,"

"Soda left" He said suddenly.

"What?!" I yelled.

"He left, he said he was taking a walk and hasn't come back in a few hours." Johnny said louder.

"No no no no! I did this, oh my god, he could be beaten bloody by some Soc cause of me!!!" I put my head back in my hands. No, he can't be gone.

God Avery, why can't you use you're god damn head!

"It's not your fau-" I cut him off.

"YES IT IS! I DROVE HIM AWAY WITH MY DUMB ASS COMMENTS!!!!!" I screamed, but Johnny seemed unfazed by my volume. "I have to go find him"

"No. Avery you can't, the boys already went out, I stayed here with you and Pony." Tears started to form in my eyes. I have to find him.

I jumped from the bed and ran out the door, Pony was sitting on the couch looked at me with wide eyes as I ran out of the house. I jumped off of the porch and ran down the street.

I know where he's going.

A/N

Sorry this chapter is so short and boring, it's kinda a filler chapter. I thought it would get to long if I added the search for Soda in the same chapter. Also sorry if Avery was a little stupid with the whole insulting Soda thing, I know it's annoying when characters make stupid mistakes. Thanks for reading and remember to vote, follow, and don't be a silent reader.

Always do it for Johnny and stay gold,

Kate ∆