Epilogue 2

Mako stared at the sixteen-year-old young boy, who hadn't said anything after their talk. He was looking at Korra's statue at the park. It was originally supposed to be at the gate of the former USOF headquarters turned museum, but Asami insisted the statue be moved here. She said that Korra would like to be at a place more playful and serene, rather than the front gate of a former special forces compound. Mako smiled at the memory. When the CEO of Future Industries speaks up, not a lot of people could go against her.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier, Genji, but Korra insisted that we wait until you were sixteen to tell you. You sure you can handle all this information?" Mako stole a look at his watch. After taking over Lin's role as chief of police, he was on a tight schedule. But Korra had specifically asked him to do this, and he can spare some time for this. They could handle his absence for a few hours.

Genji looked away from the statue. "It's strange, really," He confessed. "I'd always felt I was different from my peers. Guess I now know why." He was a quiet boy, Mako noticed. In some respects, he was entirely different from Korra, who was known for her intensity.

"Come on, kid," Mako said. "There's someone I'd like you to meet."

--

"This is Asami Sato. I trust you've heard of her." Mako said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Sato. I'm Avatar Genji." The teenager paused. "Avatar Korra must've really loved you." He said softly. "I can feel her love for you tugging at my heart, but it's not my feelings."

Asami smiled. She was quite woeful (heartbroken was more suitable, Mako decided)after Korra passed, but Mako was glad that his friend moved on and was able to treasure the memory of her wife instead of grieving over her passing.

Asami pulled a book from her desk, handing it over to Genji. "Korra left this for you, Genji. She wanted me to give it to you since I was the one who gave her this idea in the first place. Korra was always so sentimental." Asami smiled as if reliving a fond memory.

"Avatar Korra was a great person, ma'am," Genji said. Mako chuckled. "She was, yes. But to us, and especially Asami, she was much more than your typical hero. She was just Korra, and she was great in simply that sense."

Asami nodded in agreement. "Enough about Korra. She wouldn't want you to dwell in her shadow. You're the new avatar, and I'm sure this book will tell you to find your own path, not Korra's."

Mako looked down at the book. The Avatar Chronicles. He chuckled. Korra worked on that for years, and finally, it reached her expectations.

"Come on, Chief," Asami said. "The team's gathering at the Jasmine Dragon again today. We should get ready. I'd invite you, Genji, but you should find your own friends, rather than traipse around with the old Team Avatar." Mako snickered at this.

Avatar Genji looked up from the book in his hands. "I already have found great friends, ma'am. Thank you for the talk. And I think Avatar Korra would like me to tell you how much she loves you, as well."

Asami smiled, and Mako could see the shimmer of fond memories in the emerald green eyes he knew Korra loved so much.

A/N: And that's it, readers! I really enjoyed writing for you guys, but we're officially done with this fanfic. Damn, I'm so sentimental now. I'm not a particular fan of The Legend of Genji, or the tale of any other avatar after Korra, for that matter. But I feel like this gives the story a proper closure. Thank you for sticking by me this entire time, it's been epic.