Nineteen

After returning from the Narrows with Alex we managed to find three kids a little bit younger than Adrien along with their mother and then a elderly man.

The old man was a but weak though, so I carried him on my back the whole why back.

"Are you really going to help us?" Dana asked. She's a middle aged woman and the mother to the three kids."Yes. We can. We'll provide everything you need. You just need to speak up on that." I reminded her as the warehouse came into view.

Adrien set to work to unlock the front doors and the kids practically ran in with smiles."It's so big!" The youngest shouted."Make yourselves comfortable." I said as I went over to a bed where I put the old man down.

"Thank you, son. I don't know how to repay you."

"Don't. There's no need to repay me. Welcome to the Phantom Safe House. Anyone that's a victim of some criminal activity has a place to stay here. Of course, if you are able to work you must help out with upholding the place."

"Anything to be out of that place." Dana said."Come with me, Dana." I said and lead her to where Adrien had a bed ready for medical reasons. "Roll up your sleeve." I said.

She did with a bit of difficulty as I got some disinfectant, cotton swabs and a needle ready.

"Your husband had no right to this to you."  I said."I don't know that man. That isn't the man that I married." She said."Well, you are safe here. Phantom is going to come here later. So you have to talk to him."

"Why? What's he going to do?" Dana asked as I started to clean up her wound. She hissed in pain but I kept on cleaning."Phantom has zero patience when it come to people like your husband. If you don't want Phantom to kill him, then you should tell him."

"...he may have hurt me in every way possible but I'll let Karma deal with him. I don't want Phantom to kill him." She said. I smiled at her as I lit up a small flame on my finger and started to heat up the needle."You're a meta?"

"Yeah. I have some of Phantom's powers but not on a grand scale like him." I said. I pulled some thread through the needle."You might wanna bite down on this." I said. She nodded as she placed in her mouth. I let her lay down and I strapped her down to ensure she doesn't move to much.

"Ready?" I asked. She nodded and pinched her eyes shut as I started to pull the needle through her arm.

She screamed but it was muffled by the piece of leather. I looked to see the kids were busy with Adrien so they didn't notice.

It was ten minutes later when I made the last stitch. I cleaned it up again and made a small layer of ice.

"The ice is going to help with the healing and to numb the pain." I said. She took deep breaths as she pulled out the leather. She gave me a sad smile and started to cry."Thank you for taking me and my children out of there. I thought we were going to die today."

"Don't you worry about that now. Rest up. We'll talk tomorrow. I saw how  good you are with kids and it gave me idea." I said. She nodded and smiled."One last thing. Do you kids have any allergies?"

"The youngest is allergic to peanuts. That's it. Thank you." She said and closed her eyes to sleep.

I went to the pantry and pulled out three bags of chips."Hey! Kids. Come here." I said and they ran over to me."If you three be good and tell me what your names is, I will give you each a yummy bag of chips." I said.

"Mommy said we shouldn't talk to strangers." I had a neutral look on my face...but you're playing around with two strangers.

"I'm mommy's friend now. She's resting now so you three must be good kids." I said."I'm Stacy." The oldest one said. She was about ten years old."Hello, Stacy. My name is Daniel. You can call me Dan." I said and handed her a bag of chips.