xi. light a flame

Start from the beginning

"Is this a challenge?" Minho repeated.

Tomi now knows if Mingyu says yes, they're going to face each other in a versus battle. Then she tried to remember who were the three on the Tekken God leaderboard, and Minho wasn't there. So she guessed he probably was a Warrior.

"Let's go," Jaehyun tried to pull Mingyu with him.

Mingyu yanked his arm away from him and snickered, "fucking crackhead." He hissed before eventually going away with Jaehyun.

Tomi frowned at Mingyu's behavior and before she could've said anything to him, Minho led them to the kitchen at the opposite end of the dorm. The boys' dormitory was exactly like the girls'. They passed through series of rooms before arriving at the kitchen. No one was around and Minho immediately took out the cup noodle from one of the cupboards and prepped it for her.

Silence filled the air, until Minho was done with the cup noodle and brought it to one of the tables she was at.

"Thank you," Tomi smiled at him which he returned.

He sat across from her and watched her as she was about to eat.

"I mean for back there," Tomi continued, and realized his eyes were too bewitching that she didn't want to ever look away. "Also for the ramen." She chuckled, and finally looked down at her food.

"Don't mention it," Minho giggled then leaned forward with his arms against the table. "Mingyu and I usually get along, but there are also days that we don't."

Tomi pressed her lips into a thin line to that before finally tasting the ramen. None of them said anything to each other while she wolfed down her ramen in just a couple of minutes. She expected Minho to leave her be, but when she looked up she found him still smiling at her. She suddenly felt her body becoming heavy, but at the same time feeling lightheaded. Her fingers wouldn't stop moving, and she wanted more food.

"What?" Minho chuckled but then was concerned as she kept staring at her own hand like it was a foreign object, "are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah," she answered immediately and leaned forward closer to the table. "You seem too nice to be friends with someone like Kim Mingyu or Jung Jaehyun,"

Minho just giggled in response, "they're not that bad."

"Oh, they are! You're just so different from them." Tomi said a little too expressive than she was earlier, which made him realize she was intoxicated. With what, he wasn't sure yet. "I don't think I like them,"

"Yeah? What did they do?"

"They ruined my first day here. I don't understand why exactly, but they made me... feel horrible." Tomi pouted.

Minho didn't expect the conversation to turn this way, and he didn't know what to say to that. It was supposed to be like a walk in the park for him. Getting information out of someone, he'd done that all the time and it was his part in the group. He told himself mentally to stay focused, but something about her was preventing him from doing so.

"I-I'm sorry about that," I really do, he added in his mind.

"I'm fine now though," she flashed him a smile, "and thanks to you I feel a lot better too." Then she let out a long sigh. "I actually haven't been to a real school before,"

Minho was conflicted. He should've started asking questions or redirect the conversation so they would talk about her alleged power and relationship with the Nakamoto. It was also the perfect opportunity since she was intoxicated and could tell him anything he needed to know. Instead, for the first time, he wanted to stay silent and listen.