xi. light a flame

Start from the beginning

"What?" Tomi shot him a glare. She had enough of people picking on her without any reason and she was tired of it.

Jung Jaehyun grinned, "I was just saying hi," he shrugged then his grin vanished. "Look, we might not have the best start but I hope we could be friends."

Tomi frowned at him, he's so fucking weird. She didn't know what to say to that but she knew she didn't want to be friends with someone like Jung Jaehyun.

"Yo, Jae, where—"

Another boy got out of the crowd and slid his arm around Jaehyun. A face that Tomi remembered very well. Kim Mingyu, one of the three that harassed her on her first day.

"Oh, it's Kazama!" Mingyu was hanging on to Jaehyun, while letting out a cheeky smile. Now he knows what the K on her nametag stands for. "What are you two doing? Ask her to dance with us! Would you like to? Come on!"

When Mingyu took her wrist, something was boiling hot inside of her. Her heart beat faster and her teeth gritted. She knew the only way to release the hot pressure building up inside was by having her fist on Mingyu's face. She didn't care what it would result to. All that she cared right then was to not feel like shit and she would do anything to make that happen.

Her fist was already halfway to Mingyu's face but was held back by another hand. She guessed it was his friend, Jaehyun, and was about to kick him but it wasn't.

Minho's face remained calm and was mentally telling her to calm down. He then intertwined their fingers gently, stood closer to her, before glaring at Mingyu, who released his grip on her when he found Minho's hand was also on hers.

"Oh hey, Minho, what's up?" Jaehyun greeted casually.

Minho flashed both of them a quick smile, "have fun." Then was about to walk away with Tomi until Mingyu blocked their path.

"Excuse me but she was going to dance with me," Mingyu raised his eyebrow at Minho.

"Move," Minho commanded.

Mingyu scowled, "what are you talking about? She's my—"

"She's my date," Minho cut him off.

Tomi frowned at what Minho said but she knew he was just trying to help her. She looked somewhere else trying to not listen to their conversation, even when Minho's hand was still on hers.

"I'm sure the rest of your dates are waiting for you, it wouldn't hurt if you just let this one go. Sharing is caring," Mingyu shrugged.

Tomi didn't care and was about to launch at him, but Minho squeezed her hand gently to calm her down, and it worked. He was right, she didn't want to make a scene when she already had all the unwanted attention on her.

"I don't have the time for this, move, Kim Mingyu." Minho said. Tomi wondered how could he kept his cool that long.

"What? There's no way you only came with Kazama. You? Having only a date? One? What happened to you?"

"Let's go, forget it." Jaehyun whispered to Mingyu while trying to drag him away.

"Wait no," Mingyu pushed Jaehyun away from himself. "She was clearly with me—"

"In your fucking dreams," Tomi hissed and glared at him.

Minho tried to walk away again with her but Mingyu kept blocking them. He bumped to Mingyu and then snickered. "Is this a challenge?"

"You're so fucking annoying, you know that right? You think you're so great being a Council and a club leader and all,"

A Council and a club leader? She thought.