What I Like About You

AYANOKOJI POV

The elevator that I've been patiently waiting for, arrived. As it opened, the boy who was inside smiled upon seeing me.

"Good morning, Kiyotaka-kun."

"Good morning, Yosuke.... It's unusual for you to come to school at the same time as me."

While I replied to him, I stepped inside the elevator.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't come much later or I might have missed the opportunity of meeting you here."

I was surprised by Yosuke's unexpected answer, who pressed the close button.

With the way he said it, this is not a coincidence at all.

"So you actually had plans to meet me. Is something wrong?"

"Well, I just wanted to say sorry for what happened yesterday."

"Sorry?"

I looked at him in confusion as I didn't understand why he had to apologize to me.

Yosuke turned his head towards me, wearing a thin smile.

".... You know, when Horikita-san asked you and Karuizawa-san to leave during our discussion at the cafeteria."

"That?...... Though it was something isn't worth asking forgiveness for, why are you the one apologizing?"

Could it be because he was the one who invited me and Kei to participate in the discussion?

"Horikita-san actually did it in consideration of my feelings."

I see.

"You see, she did not know that Karuizawa-san and I only dated before to protect her from bullies. She thought that I was hurt seeing you and Karuizawa-san being clingy to each other, especially that I was the one that got dumped."

Kei has always been a sweet and clingy girlfriend even back when she dated Yosuke, who she didn't have any intimate feelings with. Now that our relationship is known to the school, she started openly linking arms with me or holding my hand in the public.

"And I'm gonna apologize to Karuizawa-san as well as I told everything to Horikita-san including her bullying incident in middle school."

"To make it clear for Horikita?"

Yosuke nodded.

".... You don't have to. Kei already moved on from her past. She wouldn't be mad at you for it."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Moreover, I don't think Horikita would care about it at all and she's not someone who would run her mouth and tell someone's past to anyone."

"Well, I do agree that Horikita-san is trustworthy enough."

Yosuke smiled upon knowing that he's worrying for nothing, but somehow, it's quite stiff.

"Since Horikita-san already knows everything, she would definitely agree if I'll invite you once again to participate in the discussion."

"Are you having a discussion again?"

"No. She only said that she'll approach me again if she needs something."

Just from the look of his face, I know he's worried about Horikita's sudden change of behavior. This was probably the main thing that he really wanted to consult with me.

"The truth is, I'm actually aware of this rumor that's circulating around the class."

And this is about Horikita avoiding me because of jealousy towards me and Kei.