The tiring second half of sports festival

UTOMIYA POV

Participants of each team were gathered as the next event was a four-way tug of war. The team across us was Ryuen-Housen team while the team across Pres. Nagumo-Ichinose team, which was on our left side, was Vice Pres. Kiriyama-Sakayanagi team, which was on our right side. It seems like this was decided from the results of tug of war from the morning event.

I was placed at the very back with Sudo then Ayanokoji and then Hirata in front of me. Then the rest of not that strong participants of our team were at the front.

Even though I wanted to win, this competition was something that I just couldn't help but accept defeat. Just by looking at the team across us, you could already tell who's going to win.

We have been constantly defeated by Ryuen-Housen team in every team battle and this four-way tug of war is no exception. Just like our team's main force, they also did not participate in scavenger hunt to rest and to prepare themselves for this event.

They placed Housen at the very back with Albert then Katsuragi and then Ryuen in front of him.

The first team who won twice will win this event.

We were already holding the rope, preparing for the upcoming battle.

And then the signal rang out and each team pulled the rope in unison.

The competition just started but we were already dragged in by Ryuen's team. I only used an exact amount of strength just like Sudo, who was in front me and was giving his all. No matter how much our team tried to pull back, our feet were only stepping forward. Some of my teammates were screaming in pain as they were trying their best to pull the rope. Little by little our team was dragged by Housen's team. The other teams couldn't even pull the rope properly as their teammates in front were no longer facing the team across them.

The momentum of Ryuen's team did not change and so, they won the first round.

"Fuu~... as expected we just couldn't win against them."

"Right? This competition is pretty one sided."

"What are you saying guys? There's still a second round. Don't lose hope."

Sudo said that upon hearing Hirata and Ike's remarks.

"I know... it's just......."

Ike couldn't finish his sentence and just looked at Housen's team as if saying 'look at them, how could you even defeat that line up'.

As the second round began, unexpectedly our team was the one dragging Housen's team.

"What's this? The rope is so much lighter than before."

Hirata said that in confusion.

We pulled the rope in our direction for a moment but then we suddenly felt an intense force from the rope and then we got dragged back in.

As the white ribbon went back to the center, we pulled the rope on our direction as the rope once again became lighter.

Something troublesome was happening.

"Those bastards. They are definitely playing with us."

Sudo said that in frustration as he realized what Ryuen's team was doing.

We were once again dragged back in. And then the rope loosened up and then we pulled it on our side. This happened a couple of times already.

Though Pres. Nagumo and Vice pres. Kiriyama's team were doing their best, their strength just doesn't equate to the strength that our team and Ryuen's team were giving. As a result, they only got dragged along with our battle.