Chapter 22

-Arisa POV-

"Senku, Gen, your grand scheme to convert the Tsukasa Army using the diva's voice isn't a bad one" said Nikki. "It's not bad... but our crucial fake Lilian has an accuracy... 55 percent!"
"You're so strict!" said Gen.
"Gotta take the input of a mega fan seriously" said Senku.

"But you can leave it to me" said Nikki. "I'll brush you up so no one can tell the difference"
"That sounds fantastic" said Senku.
"Oh God, she's going to be Spartan" said Gen.

"Now that I'm on your side, you can rest easy on that point" said Nikki. "But there's just one big problem. I'm sure you guys know how strong Tsukasa is. But it's not just him. The people around him are formidable as well. I suppose he's got some grandiose vision for the world. He's been gathering capable people from all over. Sure, not all of them worship Tsukasa, but once they get a taste of Tsukasa's might and charisma, they all nod yes. His right-arm and left-arm men... although he definitely doesn't consider them such... are the ones he considers his most capable allies. You've already met one of them"

"Hyoga" said Senku.
"Yeah" said Nikki. "The problem is the other man. The greatest impediment to our plan... would be Ukyo"
I froze...

'No... it can't be... he's alive...'
"Ukyo" said Yuzuriha.
"The guy with the bow and arrow" said Taiju.

"Ukyo? Where have I heard that name before?" said Senku and looked at me.
I dropped the vase I was holding and fell on my knees.
"He's alive" I whispered and began to cry. "He's alive..."

"Heh? You know him, Ari?" asked Gen.
"He's... he's my best friend" I said. "I've been searching for him... but all this time... he was out and with Tsukasa?"
"If we keep playing the same record repeatedly, Ukyo will eventually see through it" said Nikki. "Rather, he'll hear through it. If he were to hear it, I'm not sure it would fool him, even over the phone"

'Ukyo...'
"I see, we can't play the same song over and over" said Taiju. "Then we just have to not play it over and over!"
"Wait" I said. "Ukyo, I don't understand. He's not a violent guy, he hates violence"

"He doesn't know you're alive" said Senku. "If he did, he wouldn't be on Tsukasa's side"
I took the phone and dried my tears.
"Yuzuriha, if Ukyo would find the phone" I said. "Tell him about me, he'll listen. I know he will. Tell him... I'm still waiting for him to come to me. He'll understand"

'He's out there...'
"Ari, don't even think about it" said Senku.
"I have to go to him!" I said.

"No" said Senku and grabbed my wrist. "Right now, we still need Tsukasa to think everything is normal. If you go in there to find Ukyo, he'll know something's up!"
"But, Senku! I've been waiting to see Uki for thousands of years!" I said and cried. "Please!"
"I'm sorry" said Senku. "But you'll have to wait"

"No..." I cried...
"You will see him soon" said Senku. "I promise"
I nodded in understanding, even if I didn't like it one bit...

-Ukyo POV-

The small one stayed down, but the big one still searched for me.
And then... I saw the white flag.
I captured the small one and tied him up.

We were walking up to Tsukasa.
I stopped and untied the rope.
"Screw the rope" I said.

"What's going on?" he asked.
"You have no intention of running away" I said. "You raised a white flag on purpose, too, didn't you? You did it to save the meathead and the other person who ran away. I would have had to shoot the meathead if we'd waited for the smoke to clear. That was impressive decision-making in the heat of the moment. You've effectively beaten me"