Chapter 7

-Arisa POV-

"Tsukasa? What are you talking about?" asked Chrome.
Senku began to climb the stairs to the shed and laughed.
"I'd love to have you and this entire shed of science in our kingdom" said Senku.

"You're not getting it, jerk! Get down!" shouted Chrome. "I challenge you to one last fight then. It's a duel! If you lose, you'll grovel and leave the village for good. If you win, I'll give you everything, shed and all"
"Challenge?" said Senku.

"I'll show you some insane sorcery" said Chrome. "I've never lost in my whole life. Arithmetic! Fight me in a battle of numbers!"
"I'm pretty sure Senku is going to go undefeated" I said.
And I was right...

~

"This is exhilarating!" said Senku when he saw Chrome's shed. "How many years did it take you to find all this stuff, dude?"
"See that? It's awesome, isn't it?" said Chrome. "You may have wrecked me in sorcery and arithmetic... I mean, I was off my game today anyway... but my collection is the best there is!"

"They're all just rocks" whispered Kohaku.
"I know" I sighed.
The boys were getting excited over the stupid rocks...

"I used to collect bugs and stuff. Now I can't even touch them. They creep me out" said Ginro.
"Have fun showing off your trophies" said Kohaku. "I have to deliver the hot springs to my sister"
She left, since I couldn't get into the village.

~

"Cinnabar" said Senku when he broke a rock.
He sat in front of the bridge where Ginro and Kinro were standing.
"Also known as the philosopher's stone. It showed up in Dragon Quest too" said Senku. "Heat it up and you get mercury"

"There they go again with their weird sorcery" said Ginro.
"Do as you like outside the village" said Kinro. "But take so much as one step over this bridge and I'll kill you. Rules are rules"
"He sounds like the principal" I said.

"Melt some gold dust into the mercury and..." said Senku, he took Kinro's spear and dipped it into the concoction he made.
He held it over the fire.

"Don't inhale this smoke. It'll kill you" said Senku.
The spear became golden and even I was a little bit impressed.
"And now you have a shiny golden spear" said Senku.

"Oh man!" said Chrome.
"What good will this sorcery do?" asked Kinro.
"It's not good for jack" said Senku. "But you're Kinro, aren't you? So a golden sword. It's perfect for you"

"I hope you aren't trying to buy me off with this nonsense" said Kinro.
"That won't work on Kinro" said Chrome. "All he ever says is that rules are rules. He's super stiff"
"That's right. Rules are rules" said Kinro. "Though, I don't see the need to remove it either"
'Really? That easy?'

~

Senku and Chrome went back to the shed, while I practiced my archery in the woods.
"Oh, Ukyo, where are you?" I whispered while I looked at the statues. "I miss you..."

-Ukyo POV-

I opened my eyes for what seemed like an eternity...
"Arisa?" I whispered, I looked around, but this wasn't her school.
'Where the hell am I? What is this rock on me? Where's Arisa? Is she okay?'

"Arisa?" asked a voice behind me.
I looked around and saw a familiar face, I had seen him on the TV.
"You're... Tsukasa Shishio" I said.

"Nice to meet you" he said. "This former journalist told me all about you"
"Former submarine sonar operator, Ukyo Saionji" said the woman. "You were known for your exceptional hearing and rational decision-making"

I didn't see Arisa with them...
"Do you happen to know a girl named Arisa?" I asked and they all shook their heads, well except Tsukasa.
"Is she special?" asked the reporter.

"To me she is" I said. "She's an amazing archer... and she's my best friend. I was on my way to see her. Where is she?"
A guy gave me some clothes.
"We'll look for her" said Tsukasa. "And when we find her, we'll revive her just like you"
"Thank you" I said.