Chapter 9

-Arisa POV-

Kohaku cut down the foxtail millet.
"We're making gourmet survival food from scratch" said Senku.
"I'll go hunt for the meat" I said while they smashed the foxtail millet.

When I came back, they were done, making the flour.
"Nice catch, Ari" said Senku.
"Okay, let's get started" I smiled.

"Toss in wild bird eggs and tenderize it using potassium carbonate" said Senku. "It's a dish of science discovered accidentally by some nameless Mongol sometime around the fourth century. I guess there was some crazy nut like you Chrome, who would try anything. Even in fourth-century Mongolia"
"Okay, move, so that the one who can actually cook something without burning it can make the food" I said and Senku moved.

~

"Th-This scent..." said Chrome when I was almost finished.
"We had a name for this stupidly good scientific food 3700 years ago" said Senku. "We called it, ramen"
"All done" I said and gave them each a plate.

"But this is actually foxtail millet isn't it?" asked Kohaku.
"I'll make sure it's safe! It's the duty of a sorcerer not to be afraid of anything new!" said Chrome and tasted it. "I-It's good!" he actually yelled. "Dude!"

Kohaku and Suika tried it as well and they loved it.
"Well, guess we should dig in too" said Senku and I nodded.
"On three?" I asked and he nodded. "One, two... three"
I tasted it and it was so disappointing...
'What did we expect from foxtail millet? It looks for them as it's the food of the gods'

~

I made a lot more and Senku made a carriage, we went to the bridge and Suika announced it with a fluit.
"I'm going to colonize this village with the scientific food that is ramen" said Senku with an evil smile.

"You look like the villain" said Kohaku.
A lot of people from the village came...
I was constantly making ramen for everyone.

"The response is amazing" said Kohaku. "Everyone's coming over"
"No problem" laughed Senku. "I'll just work them to death in proportion to however much they ate"
"You really do make sketchy faces" said Kohaku.

"This is making me thirsty for a drink" said a stranger. "Like, say, cola"
'Cola?'
Senku and I looked at each other.

"Senku, Ari, is he with you?" asked Kohaku.
"No" said Senku.
I grabbed my bow and arrows.

"Kinro, Ginro, stop squabbling for a moment" said Kohaku who stretched.
"What?" said Kinro.
"I'll get to the point" said Kohako and I pulled back the string on my bow. "Enemies"

The four of us surrounded the stranger, I pointed the tip of my arrow to him, he had the same markings on his face as Senku and I had.
"Answer truthfully, or I'll slit your throat here and now" said Kohaku. "Are you one of the long-haired man's underlings?"

"I'll give you a hint" I said. "His name is Tsukasa"
"Hey, I wouldn't mind being taken out by cute girls like you two, but I think you have me confused for someone else" said the stranger. "I don't know anything about a long-haired man or a man named Tsukasa. I've been by myself ever since I was un-petrified"

'He's lying through his teeth'
"I thought I'd seen your face somewhere" said Senku. "You're Gen Asagiri"
"Are you acquainted?" asked Kohaku.

"No, not one bit" said Senku.
"Didn't one of our classmates have that shitty book of him?" I asked. "That magician, with the trashy psychology books"

"You've read my work?" asked Gen. "I'm so happy. Calling it trashy hurts though. Call me a mentalist. Look, I'll apologize for taking the ramen, so would you please lower your weapons? I'm so scared, my arms and legs are trembling. I might spill this delicious ramen"
"I-I'll hold on to it for you!" said Ginro and dropped his spear.

'That's a load of crap'
"I was out looking for food by myself when, surprise, the nostalgic scent of ramen hit me and I wandered over" said Gen. "Man, it's such a terrible lifestyle out there"

"Sure, whatever, I'll take your word for it" said Senku, to my surprise. "Either way, there's no such thing as free lunch. Everyone who's had ramen has work to do"

~

Everyone who had ramen took turns blowing air into the oven.
Even Gen...
"We upgraded the blowing function!" said Chrome. "Iron mill furnace level 2!"

"I think this'll work if we take turns!" said Kohaku.
"Gen Asagiri" said Senku. "How are Taiju and Yuzuriha doing?"
"Oh, I see" said Gen. "You thought you could get me to fess up while I'm busting my ass. You have guts, pulling tricks like that on a mentalist. Don't worry though. Taiju's got an especially bottomless supply of strength. You know, don't you, Senku, Ari"

'Ari? Since when does Tsukasa call me Ari?'
"He's definitely with the long-haired man" said Kohaku. "Should I kill him?"
"Hold it, idiot" said Senku. "Gen, you ten billion percent knew I was trying to make you talk. Why did you suddenly decide to admit that you're with Tsukasa?"
"The tides have turned now that I've seen this" said Gen.