Chapter 1: Meeting B

I entered the gate with my wavy brown hair.

I'm just 4'11, and you probably wouldn't notice in a big crowd. 

Like a typical grown woman, I am longing for positivity and growth. 

As I walked by the corridors, I wondered if this university would be my new place of peace.

"Welcome to St. Louis University, Miss Jill." Dr. Fermin just greeted me with a warm welcome. She is the Dean of Instruction of this University.

"You will be working under the College of Education. Your load is mostly English Subjects, but you have to teach at other schools and colleges too." she continued.

I smiled and said, "Thank you very much for the opportunity Dr. Fermin," then I shook her hands.

"Elisa, pwedi mo bang ihatid si Miss Jill sa kanyang department?" Dr. Fermin asked her secretary to accompany me.

Elisa escorted me, and as we walked down the hallway, I could see how this place deserves to be in the Top Universities in Asia. Most of the classrooms are air-conditioned, and there are smart boards and all. But the most exciting place to be in is the football field, a vast green place to sit and enjoy football players. CHAR! 

"Miss Jill, we're here" Elisa opened the glass door, and a lady in stilettos automatically smiled at me.

"Hi! Miss Jill Morada, right? I'm Kelly, ako ang secretary ng College of Ed. Si Dean ay my meeting pa so, I guess it would be nice if you meet your co-faculty?" the brown-haired lady in white stilettos walked me to another office.

As she opened the door, I knew it would never be easy. Two women in their forties were gossiping, and we intruded. There's a young lady on the left side table, maybe in her late twenties, she's timid, maybe an introvert? Another two women at her back were busy typing and writing something. And someone who caught my attention was the tall, Moreno, and geek Hottie.

"Good morning! I'm Jill Morada." I smiled, and they went back to their businesses. I sat beside the tall, Moreno but geeky hunky.

The university is lovely except where I am now, the faculty room.

But this is relatively better than the home I used to love.

"I'm Luke." The geeky hunky introduced his name with a skeptic smile on his face then; he adjusted his glasses. So cute.

I opened my laptop and checked my emails.

An email from my good father.

From: Alexis Morada

It's your mom's birthday. I'll be on a business trip; you can come to her and bring some flowers.

I shrugged my shoulders.

 That bastard! My mom passed away four years ago, and there he goes, he's engaged to his 3-month girlfriend. 

He kicked me out of our house like I was nobody. 

He kicked me out of his life.

Why am I surprised? Kahit naman noon, kahit kailan hindi ko naramdaman na anak niya ako. I grew up with my Mom's love and care. Minsan napapaisip ako an baka anak ba ako sa labas ng mama ko? 

Alexis Morada was a good husband but never a good father.

I closed my laptop and tried to approach the nerdy lady. Still, Kelly came in and "My urgent meeting tayong lahat with the President regarding sa upcoming Accreditation, so lahat tayo requested pumunta ngayon na sa AVR."

I immediately got my planner and ballpen. "Uhmm, Jill?" I opened my hands to the introvert.

"I'm Kaye." she shook hands, and yes, I can sense she likes to read and read and read and never socialize.

We arrived at the AVR. Everyone took their seats like it was their usual thing except me.

"Jill, tabi na tayo." Kaye offered me a seat on the second-row ng AVR. I am not comfortable sitting near the president since I have never met him, but it would be rude to decline Kaye's offer, so I go with it.

A few moments later. 

A man wearing a black suit with a navy blue necktie paired with shiny black leather shoes came in. He has a short fade hairstyle. He looks younger than the geeky boy I met earlier.

 He is our President.

"Dr. B will now discuss our plans for our accreditation." Dr. Fermin called him Dr. B. 

He is Dr. Ben Timothy Avila. He is a Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction. Doctor B.

I realized that I was staring at his eyes, those hazel brown eyes which I see sadness and seriousness, down to his pointed nose and damned kissable lips. Then, those lips widen, grinning at me. 

And I saw his eyebrows met as he said, "I guess we have a new faculty?".

I am still staring at his eyes, those eyes.

At that moment, I felt lost. I am sure I'm smiling like a retard. 

Then I snapped back to reality when Louise whispered, "Hey! Jill. Stand up! President is calling you!"

"Hi--- I mean Good morning to all! I'm Jill Morada, the new instructor from the College of Education. Nice meeting you all!".

"Thank you, but I would appreciate it if you focused on our job and not my face."  THAT JERK!