Sex Therapist

White day, that's what was next. You both mostly missed Valentine's Day already, since the funeral took place the same week. Your focus wasn't on the overrated holiday, it never had been in the past either so it was easily forgotten. But you wanted to do something nice for your boyfriend since he had done so much for you. So white day was the solution.

That was the problem in itself though, you couldn't think of anything on such short notice, only a week to figure something out. So just as Hitoshi had done for your birthday, you started spending more time in the library or at nearby cafes looking for ideas. Saying instead that you were working on schoolwork, that way you didn't have to admit that you were a slightly pathetic excuse for a girlfriend.

"Mina I have no clue what to do! I have less than a week to figure it out, and I'm stressed!" Right now you sat visibly unsettled in a small cafe, softly screaming at your friend in front of you. "I suck at showing affection like this, but with what he did for my birthday, I have to do something."

You dropped your head on the table in front of you. Feeling defeated considering you had already spent the last hour or so trying to think of an idea. Something deeply personal, but not too corny, and fun, but not to predictable.

"You know...I wasn't gonna bring this up, but you could just give him a different type of gift. Like, you know..." It took a second to figure out what she was getting at until you looked up at her and saw her face. It was all insinuation and raised brows.

"Mina, stop it! I'm not gonna have sex with him as a half assed present, just because I couldn't think of anything better. That's just depressing. Plus we haven't really, exactly, talked about it yet." You continued to put your head back down on the table again, this time to cover the flush creeping up your neck.

"Wait, you're telling me you haven't done anything with him yet?! Really?" She lowered her voice to a soft whisper, knowing it was private information, but obviously still wanting to know.

"No we haven't done anything past making out; I've asked before if he wanted me to help him after. You know, with the obvious tent in his pants, but he always turns me down. Says, "not yet" or something like that. I'm not sure when that's gonna be, but we aren't extremely sexual people to begin with, so we haven't been worrying about it."

"Damn, you guys are so cute together with your slow and steady ways. I guess it's different for everyone, and this is both of your first relationships. I can't relate but I can see why you want to do something similar to what he did for your birthday, so you should. Though, if after it does take that turn, talk it out 'cause it's obvious both of you want to. The sexual tension sometimes is so incredibly obvious."

"Okay, whatever." You flushed when she basically told you that everyone assumed the two of you always wanted to fuck each other.

Your relationship had never been super flirty, though since your birthday it had become more prevalent. Hitoshi had always teased you and vice versa, but now they had become insinuating. He didn't back down even if there were people around, he liked making you frustrated.

"I guess I can see it, lately he's been more touchy and stuff. That's not the point, how did this conversation end up being about my sex life? You're here to help me plan a damn perfect date, not become my sex therapist." She finally let off the topic after one last push for you to make a move.

Eventually you did get back to planning. After 30 minutes or so of continuous searching of ideas and events happening in the area, she finally found something.

"I got it, how could I be so stupid, I forgot it was even happening." Mina piped up a little louder than she should have in a cafe, but considering it's Mina, it was very much at the lower level of her volume.

"What?! What is it?!" You joined her in the louder tone of voice, even if you didn't meet her level.

"There's a small music festival going on. It starts on the 14th and goes through the rest of the weekend. It's featuring a lot of local artists, look." She turned her phone around to show the concert line up. "The only thing is that it's like an hour drive."

"Wait." You scrolled and found the location. "It's near Hitoshi's hometown. We can go see his parents this weekend too. It's perfect, kills two birds with one stone."

"Oh I forgot they lived in that area. It is totally meant to be, you won't even have to pay for a hotel or anything. You just have to call them and let them know. I'm sure they will be more than happy to see the two of you."

"Oh thank god we found something. I'm sure they would love to see Hitoshi and would gladly let us stay there for the weekend. It's perfect." You let out a long sigh of relief you didn't know you were holding in.

Finally, now all I have to worry about is the planning.