Surprise

The next few days you couldn't help feeling as though your heart couldn't stop racing even though you were moving in slow motion. Nothing was feeling quite real to you. Like you looked down on your body from some astral plane.

Soon however, that wore off as more time went by. You couldn't say you felt normal, but you were in your body once more.

As you finally started getting back to as you were before, you kept noticing something different. A few times during the next two weeks, Hitoshi seemed to not be around. Now that was not uncommon when it came to you going your own ways for school work and such. That was everyday life.

Except now, he was staying out later for assignments that didn't exist.

You knew this, it wasn't some weird jealous girlfriend behavior. One day he had told you about a project he would be working on for his history of photography class, but when you were invited to hang out at the nearby mall with most of your group, Sero hadn't heard anything about it. Which, if it were real, they would have, since he was a videography major and shared some classes with your boyfriend.

Including that one, that was true.

Yet when they started going into detail about the class, not even wondering why you asked in the first place, it hit you. Hitoshi was lying about what he was doing. The real question was; Why?

You really weren't a jealous person when it came to it, not worried about his honestly. You knew he couldn't be cheating on you, because frankly almost all of his friends were with you at the mall, when he stayed at the dorm saying he was busy. So it wasn't the question of why he was lying, but what was so important he felt the need to lie to you about it?

You couldn't dwell on it much more after Sero finished ranting about his classes. Especially when Mina brought her own dance professor problems into it too. They both made a decent distraction when you needed it.

When you got back to the dorms and made it up to your room, you had planned to finally go through the box of belongings you brought from the house. Instead, you were greeted by something completely unexpected, something that answered some internalized questions you had.

Just in the few hours you had been gone, your dorm looked completely different, along with your boyfriend you shared it with. In the left corner of the room stood a full size bed, raised with a loft instead of two twins. Both of your small dressers underneath it and in the other corner were your two desks. Histoshi was dressed up nicer than usual with slicked hair standing right in front of you.

"Happy almost birthday!" He looked a little timid, just waiting to see if you liked his surprise. You couldn't bring yourself to speak as you stood shocked, but your body moved. You looked around at your room, hands finding themselves grasping his shoulders tightly.

You aligned your eyes with his and finally pulled him into a bear hug, letting out a genuine laugh.

"How..?! This is amazing, but how did you manage it?...What is that!" You started looking around again and saw that the full size mattress was not like any college dorms, but memory foam, thick and fluffy. "It's a good bed!"

He was smirking, amused that it was the bed you really chose to focus on first.

"Yep, I thought it would be a good present. So I asked our RA and they talked to the head teachers, who saw no problem with it as long as I paid and handled the process of putting it together. So today while you were at the mall: Bakugou, Kirishima, and I handled all of the assembly and here we are."

"So that's why you have been so sneaky lately. I honestly forgot about my birthday coming up, not much of a celebratory occasion in my house. Unless I was with my grandpa, of course."

"You could tell I was hiding something, I wasn't as sly as I thought, huh?"

"I know you better than to have worried about it, but yeah I could tell you were up to something. What's with the nice get up by the way?" You looked him up and down before straightening the collar of his short sleeved button up.

"We have a date, and not our usual 'order take out and watch anime' date, were actually going out to a restaurant. And then I have somewhere to show you after that."

"Wow, look at Hitoshi stepping up his game. So this means I need to get dressed then, how long do I have?" You pulled out your phone to show him the time.

"Reservation is at 6, so about an hour?"

"More than enough time...Hopefully. Oh, also, I am paying for dinner." You said this as you pushed him out of the room. If you were going to get dressed up he was only going to see you after you were finished.

"You can't pay for dinner, it's for your birthday!" He shouted through the door.

"You bought all this stuff for our room, so I will buy us dinner!"

"No way in hell I'm letting you pay!"

"I will! Watch me!" You knew he was not going to give up, but neither would you.

"How about we split it, will that work. 'Cause you are losing precious time to get ready here!"

"...Fine!" With that, you started sprucing yourself up while Hitoshi went and waited for you in Kirishima's dorm.