Spooky Season

There were now five days until Halloween and you found yourself with your friends trying to pick out costumes for the party. Since you didn't think you would have plans this year until a few days ago, you didn't know where to start. Luckily, Mina was there to help you, as well as Jirou and surprisingly Bakugou. He was oddly good with fashion and you didn't know why yet.

Mina dragged you into a dressing room randomly, throwing a few costumes in with you to try on. Of course they were all risque, you didn't know why you expected any less. Immediately you opened the door again to yell at her about it, but found only Shinsou. Apparently he was refusing to pick out an outfit, claiming he didn't need one.

"How the hell does she expect me to want to wear this? She has seen me right? It is not really my style to wear a string and napkins as an outfit." You were serious, not that you were against it sometimes, you just weren't sure since the last fiasco if you were comfortable dressing like that yet.

You couldn't find Mina, forced to amuse her wishes and just put them on anyway. If you'd walked out without a costume on she'd have had a fit.

You made your way through some of them; a nurse, cop, vampire. You hated them, to say the very least.

It wasn't until you got to a spy costume, that you actually liked one of the costumes, it was cute. You couldn't deny that and it wasn't too revealing. As you were putting on the last touches you left the dressing room for the first time since this whole endeavor started because of a knock on the door.

"OMG! That is it!" Mina was in front of you now pulling you out for everyone to see. Apparently she had a talent for appearing out of thin air.

You worse an all black, silky-ish dress, with a high slit. A fake knife garter attached to your thigh and black, elbow length, silky gloves matched a black mask. It was almost like a masquerade style, which made the outfit look like you were on an undercover mission.

Mina seemed to get a bright idea because of it, god knows those just were always terrifying for one reason or another... "I have the greatest idea ever, because it is obvious that this is the costume of choice! You can partner with Shinsou and be Mrs. and Mr. Smith! It looks just like Angelina Jolie's dress! And all Shinsou needs is a suit, it would be so cute." You felt your cheeks rise in heat and your eyes go wide. Before you could say anything though, Shinsou chimed in.

"Mina you realize we aren't a couple right? Just roommates. Besides that though, since I wouldn't have to buy a costume I'd be up for it. I already have an old suit I could use, and on the cover they don't wear a mask so you don't need to wear yours." He turned towards you, you had calmed down a little bit and as you looked at him, you saw a faint pink on his ears.

Hopefully he isn't getting sick.

"Yeah that sounds good, it is a good costume for friends." Why did it hurt when you labeled your relationship as such. You didn't dwell on it, those are thoughts that didn't need to be addressed, they would go away with time...

Little did you know that pink had been with him ever since you came out in your costume.

You met up with your friend group a little before the party started at the sorority. This extra time was used to scope out the area and meet the 2 body guards for the party. Because they were hired by Momo, they were bound by contract to not report underaged use of illegal substances...or legal for that matter. So, people could get as fucked up as they wanted to, as long as they went to your school and weren't Monoma.

The night continued, more and more people came and went. Everything was smooth until about 3 hours in, when the bouncers became even louder than before. The intimidation factor was in their tone, sure, but this was different. At the time you had been meeting up with Shinsou for a check up after dancing with Mina, Momo, and Jirou, as well as some others you just met that were more of Mina's friends. In the kitchen, drinking some water, you had a perfect view of the front door, and who was trying to get through it.

Monoma was there with some type of posse trying to argue with the bodyguard to let him in.

"Hey Shinsou, do you think we should help them or something? So he leaves?" Shinsou looked over to where you were pointing and as he saw the blond, his expression immediately darkened. He made his way to the door and the rest of our group followed him like ducks.

"What the fuck do you think your doing here? You obviously aren't allowed back in so just get lost!" This was the first time you had heard him raise his voice. It was surprisingly intimidating, like some haunting aura was surrounding him as he spoke. When you looked at Monoma, something seemed to fault his ego too, it was starting to crumble.

"I'm just trying to party huh, what is the big problem?!" He had tenacity in his voice, but it was wavering significantly already.

"The 'big problem' is the fact that you drugged my roommate the last time I saw you and I had to knock some sense into you! But apparently, that didn't work, so would you want me to do it again?! Because it would be my pleasure to." What does he mean he knocked some sense into him, sure you knew he must have got him away from you, but he never specified how.

That threat did it, it scared him enough to back off.

As the blond and his friends turned away, Shinsou turned to you, he seemed annoyed but satisfied.

You needed to figure out what really just happened, so you grabbed his arm and made your way to the back yard. He didn't question it, it's not like this was the first time you had done this to him anyway. He just focused on not accidentally sliding his hand into yours instead while you pulled him with you.

"Ok, I get that we hate him and all, but what do you mean you would teach him a lesson...again?" You did not display malice in your voice, more concerned by the fact that he may have committed assault and battery instead.

"It isn't that serious and we know he won't bother us or anyone near this house again because...yeah I may or may not have beat him up so bad I knocked him out last time."

Holy shit! He did what?

You never saw him as the violent type, but you had to admit, it was admirable in this case. You didn't try to condone violence or revenge per se, but this was different.

"Well, shit Shinsou, I can't believe you did that. You are usually so calm and rational but, well beating the living shit out of someone isn't quite that. Thank you though, I will let it pass if you are protecting someone."

"To be fair, it was only 3 punches to the face that knocked him out. That's not normal, and like I have said, how could I have not done anything? He deserved it and I would do it again." He checked the watch he had on quickly. "It's already passed midnight and I'm getting tired, wanna go home yet?"

Home...you liked that it was home. It was true. It felt more like home than any other place did now.

"Yeah, that sounds nice, let's go home."