THREE

CHAPTER THREE

LIKE CANDY CRUSH SAGA

I hope to arrive at my death, late, in love, and a little drunk "

- atticus

Dreadful silence.

There was something that scared Josephine about the eerily silence— a certain dread that she felt as if she wasn't ready to face. She experienced fear overcome her very being, a rare feeling of the holy paradise she lived in— as if she stood unsteadily beside Michael himself. Her humble duties were less now, willingly giving her more time to indeed feel the delicious freshness of the fragrant air.

There were not many who resided in Heaven— God and Goddess preferred to willingly stay in their cheerless rooms. Josephine harked back to a better time when her creators had been more involved, more alive than they were now. Goddess had realistically been lovely— the perfect woman... the graceful, clever woman Josephine wanted to grow up to become. Jophiel merely thought it was an odd bunch of nauseating bullshit though— the terrible way they had changed to ironically become strangers that lived miserably in the same home. For all you know, maybe that was how Samael found his way to her, desperately looking for a burning love that may be real. Josephine lived merely to serve.

From where she sat next to the beautiful tree, Josephine could undoubtedly hear Ariel— another one of Jophiel's servants delightfully giggle in a high tone, only adding more to her fear. She shifted her head to consider at the other angel only for strong, masculine hands to conceal her brown eyes— she already recognized who it was.

"Samael," She smiled gently— one hand over her beating heart, instantly relaxing into the rhythm of it, "You startled me."

He withdrew his hands from her kind eyes, allowing his beautiful white wings into her vision and grinning delightedly at her. There was an innocence in his eyes then, one Josephine was constantly afraid that he would lose.

"I am sorry, my dear," the archangel caressed her rosy cheek before settling on the grass right next to her, "But not seeing you the entire day had been making me quite restless."

"I missed you too, my love," Josephine said before kissing him once again lightly, "But we need to be more careful— I have no idea what will happen if your father finds out."