ONE

CHAPTER ONE

AN ABSOLUTE ANGEL

" and for once bravery looked a lot like running away  "

" and for once bravery looked a lot like running away "

- kat savage

She remembered the fire.

If there was one thing that Josephine remembered as she walked among the humans of Los Angeles with her wings hidden away and pain reflecting from her grieving face, it was the feeling of being enveloped by scalding hot fire- the human world too bright but yet so very dark. It reminded her of when she first fell, banished from heaven to rule the underworld of those with guilt itching every part of their bodies.

There was a heavy pain- rattling in her chest and Josephine could only assume that it had to be her heart bursting with anticipation and shock, as she found herself plummeting through a large open space.

The angel remembered the horrifying pain-remembered the first time when she fell in fear, knowing her body was going to slam against the ground but, thankfully this time she was welcomed by a slight thud against her spine and the back of her skull- hardly any pain for a celestial being like her.

She tried not to close her tired eyes because she knew that the darkness would remind her of the days back in the prison she just escaped- hours passing by her as she screamed in the name of her heartbreak.

Back when she fell from heaven, she had Lucifer by her side- both newly weds filled with anger that came with losing the Rebellion but now, it was different. She had come to Earth from down below this time, betrayal being her worst enemy and still her best friend. For her, flying up was harder without her husband- she was only just an angel. A fallen angel.

Her eyes flashed between their normal chocolate color to her angelic glowing blue eyes, the dress she wore standing out in 2012 with its long skirts and old fashion. People gave her odd looks but no one seemed to be fazed at the sight of a woman in her early thirties watching the world as if it was a strange thing never discovered- this was LA after all.

Josephine smiled at the sight of it all, grateful that the journey was over and now she could relax here on Earth. She had no intention of finding her husband just yet- it took her a long time to come to peace with it but she finally came to terms with the fact that if Lucifer didn't respect her then he simply didn't deserve her.

"Hello," A little girl ran up to Josephine- her parents not in any sight, "Your dress is so pretty!"

The angel smiled.